95 runnin like crap.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
My Bro n law has been having some issues wth hs 95. it randomly started running like dog crap. It will start up and run fine then it go to rough idle. (after about 30 seconds) he did the obvious, fuel filter and oil change. its not CPS. not ICP and its not IPR. he checked hpop pressure sad it was 900-1000 at idle and 3000 at wot. fuel pressure 48 at idle and wot 40.
my question is does the truck need to have a load on it? he had it in nutral in his shop when he checked pressures, would it make a difference if he wasnt drivng? and any other ideas as the what could be the gremlin

Tom S

Reaction score
Yes load makes a big difference on the fuel pressure same for ICP. Running rough makes me think you might have injectors not firing.

jmsmith76

Reaction score
My truck didn't really show any signs other than a little extra smoke at startup which I didn't think anything about since it was winter time, then one day the truck just started runnin bad and wouldn't stay running and poured white and gray smoke.

97Stroker

Reaction score
My truck seems to have the same symptoms as your brother in laws truck. Do you know your to check the icp or ipr sensor?

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I am not saying that all trucks are the same but the fuel seem really low @ idle I am at about 55psi and @ WOT I am about 60-65 psi. When my fuel pump started to go out it acted like you stated.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I am not saying that all trucks are the same but the fuel seem really low @ idle I am at about 55psi and @ WOT I am about 60-65 psi. When my fuel pump started to go out it acted like you stated.

thats kinda what i thought but he said he threw in a new pump last year.
ICP was "tested" and IPR was replaced. he kept throwng IPR/ICP codes untill he changed IPR, now there are no codes and still runs rough, UNTIL yesterday, I talked to him he said he took his dogs out to the country to run and took the truck. He said it ran normal soooo....????

Latest posts

Members online