96 2wd lowering

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I've never lowered a truck before but I need to lower my race truck. I want it slammed. Its a 1996 2wd. Any suggestions, tips, or places to start reading and learning? Thanks!

rat49f6

Reaction score
Djm dream beams and nothing else

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

AKHILF

Reaction score
Im about to order some belltech drop beams. Iv heard of a few cases of the dream beams cracking on 80's - 96 f150's. I wouldnt cut any coils, mess's with the camber to much. For the back you can do a flip kit and put the axle above the leafs. I made my own it was pretty easy and I made my own cnotch. This is all for my obs f150 but it should all be very close to the same.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Actually I just did a quick search and belltech are very adamant that they are not for diesels. I've been talking to Jim (Rat) and he has used the djm on his obs diesel and it works great on his.

youngstroker

Reaction score
if your doing a drag truck, what would do you think of pulling the springs in under the frame run a mono leaf with sliders instead of shackles. and is there a build thread on this truck i would like to follow?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm still not 110% exactly sure what I'm going to do just yet, but joedaddy is the one making the suspension mods so its whatever he thinks is best. I know engines and trannys. He knows suspension.

I'll start a thread in the build section once I get a little further along. Don't worry. I have lots of pics. :D

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm still not 110% exactly sure what I'm going to do just yet, but joedaddy is the one making the suspension mods so its whatever he thinks is best. I know engines and trannys. He knows suspension.

I'll start a thread in the build section once I get a little further along. Don't worry. I have lots of pics. :D

AllanB

Reaction score

I am not familiar with how the drop shackle on the rear of the older trucks actually connect the springs to the axle. In 08 DJM changed to a flip kit. The dream beams are great, and I am sure the flip kit would be to. But not on a drag truck. Here is a link on Ryan's (Kind) truck with the flip kit and a set of drag slicks. If you read on through the thread it shows how the fixed the problem. But like I said, I am not familiar with the drop shackle kit.
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82319

AKHILF

Reaction score
What he did the second time I did the first time. Measured my axle tube. Went to the local 4x4 shop and bought some spring perches that where the right size for $25 went home got everything all squared and welded them in. So a couple hours and $25 I was done factory u bolts and all.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
1/2 ton DJM beams and springs in front.
C-notch rear Composite Mono-leaf 5-link 9".

You'd have been better off asking this ? on YB or other drag site.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If youre going with the 1/2 ton front bars, then would you go with the belltech ones since they're half the price? I'm just afraid of the weight of the engine and (I know I'm dreaming now) the stress from dropping off a wheelie? (Hahaha!!) That's why I was going with the DJM bars. We can do the rear end however works best. I'm just worried about the front.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.