96 Rear Brakes

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
Okay, so for 47 millionth time it seems I have had to readjust my rear brakes. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't these things self adjusting? They are good for about 2000-3000 miles then its like I just lose them. Any advice on what to do about it. All the parts are there, and everything is working and moves freely.

chromehound

Reaction score

Pstroke96

Reaction score

chromehound

Reaction score
I posted it up since I had literally been on Advance's website pricing things out for mine 5min before I swapped over to here. Funny how things work huh?

chromehound

Reaction score
That is just one side, so like $35ish to do both sides but if you're like me you'll end up doing the shoes, wheel cylinders, bleeder screw, spring kit and drums if needed so you don't have to tear it down twice.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i did the shoes and springs last year and everything else looked good then so hopefully thats all i end up getting

Tom S

Reaction score
I actually do not see that much wrong with my drum brakes.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I have never had a Set of OBS rear brakes work right. Even with all new parts. Part of EVERY oil change was to adjust the rear brakes

Pstroke96

Reaction score
my brakes work great, but they dont adjust properly. the pedal will gradually work its way down for a few weeks then it will spend a day or two clunking and making noise, then there great for another week or so. then it does it again

Tom S

Reaction score
I have never had a Set of OBS rear brakes work right. Even with all new parts. Part of EVERY oil change was to adjust the rear brakes

I think I have lightly tweaked on mind just a few times but it was not necessary.

Tom

Russ

Reaction score

Same here, I just had to do mine again in less than a year. I used Ford shoes this time over the POS Advance shoes I used last time. Stops MUCH better. It's Ford shoes for me from now on.

Latest posts

Members online