97 7.3 pcm/reflash

dean148802

Reaction score
Hey all I am a new member today. I purchased a 97 f-250 about a month ago and i love it. I took it to a local mechanic to run the codes to see if anything was popping up. It gave me a 605 code which is a pcm. He tried to reflash it but it wouldn't which he was saying was because it was bad it wouldn't reflash. I currently have a alarm system in it that I think prevents it from running the reflash/ tests correctly. Even with the keys in the ignition it will make you pull them out, press the unlock button and continue on from there. Should I have him disconnect the alarm and have him check again before i buy a new pcm? Also if I end up buying a pcm are there any aftermarket or would it be better to get a reburned one?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
prolly nothing wrong with the pcm it more than likely has a performance tune installed causing the p0605 (aftermarket equipment) code. remove the 3 13mm nuts from the ebrake pedal assm. and this will allow you to see the back of the pcm inwhich it may have a chip plugged into it. if you decide to remove it make sure the keys are out of the ignition. if no chip is present then it must have reflash tune installed.

dean148802

Reaction score
It had a banks ottomind chip in it. We removed it so it could be reflashed but it would not reflash. I decided to leave it out after learning that i need to get a pcm. I would love to get a new chip like the 8 point you recommended but if my pcm is actually bad would it ruin the chip?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
seriously doubt the pcm is bad prolly has the latest level in it already, just give me thw word and it will be in the mail

dean148802

Reaction score
When tax returns come in I will definitly be getting one. Thanks so much for the reply, advice and recommendation. Could you send me the levels that the switch has?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
just check my sponsor threads section or check my website, the site is under construction but progress is being made

Latest posts

Members online