97 7.3 rough idle when warm and bucking

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I bought a 97 7.3 about 8 months ago to use as a service truck for my repair shop. I have replaced the injector orings, glow plugs, ran a buzz test with AE, swapped the hpop and ipr with a known working one out of a 2000. Not getting any codes, occasionally while Im driving down the road it will buck and when it happens it sounds like it fires an injector out of order, doesn't always do it on 1 bank though, it will vary from drivers side bank to passenger bank, I have new valve cover gaskets, uvch, and pigtails coming in monday for it. Will the wiring cure a rough idle though? It runs like a champ when its cold.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
New gaskets an pigtails and uvch. This morning, still runs a little rough when warm and still cuts out periodically. I've been tinkering with this thing for 4 months, I'm about ready to put it out to pasture lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Injectors... Worn out?

thats exactly what im starting to think. Still can't figure out the bucking though, it runs a little better with the new pig tails and uvch and gasket but still bucks and the longer you drive it the worse it gets. I just wish it would throw a damn code or something!

ghohouston

Reaction score
When my obs was cutting out, after much searching, and head scratching, i found the tank selector valve failed between positions, starving the motor for fuel.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
well, I figured it out. Went and bought a new cps from ford, the updated one with the smaller end, and now it runs like a top. Throwing a set of stage 1's in it next week and should be ready to roll

Latest posts

Members online