97 ccsb f250 Project Resurrection

evans213

Reaction score
Hey Im new here, Im coming over from the nation...

I have a 97 F250 CCSB 4x4 with 232000. I bought the truck 3 years ago from an older man that thought the world of his truck. Before I drove away with it he ran in the house and grab his wife and camara and got a pic of him and I with his truck. LOL. Anyway, last year I had the truck repainted and the year before that I did injectors, HPOP, and chip. ANyway, OCT 23 2012, I Tboned a guy, totaling my truck. SO that being said, I kept the truck and am rebuilding it bigger and better...

Converting to a manual
E Fuel
Turbo
Intercooler
D60
Headstuds and springs
Interior Mods(sound proofing, sound system, tv in headrests, woodgrain trim)
clean and paint frame
cab lights

Heres the truck pretty much like I bought it
2011-08-19_17-11-18_623.jpg

After I fixed the rust above the rear wheels and painted it
imagejpeg953.jpg

After I wrecked it, doesnt look bad, but it bent the frame
103_0310.jpg

SANY0020.jpg

Bed is off and interior gutted
2013-02-19_18-00-48_632_zpsc5857fef.jpg

2013-02-19_18-01-14_480_zps814436d0.jpg

It went to the frame shop and got fixed
2013-02-22_14-13-03_482_zpsfd2e3554.jpg

Dad and me got the transmission out
IMG_20130413_193006_691_zpsefbbef07.jpg

Redneck transmisson jack lol
Dad after he conquered the task lol
IMG_20130413_194651_278_zpscb633a27.jpg

evans213

Reaction score
I have a donor truck for the swap. I have the transmisson ready to come out and I hope sunday I can have it out. I have to have new synchronizers put in it so I bought all new those and bearings. Gotta pick up a seal kit for it and next week(lord willing and the creek dont rise) I will have it at a tranny shop next week getting fixed up. I am installing a Valair clutch with the manual.

evans213

Reaction score
Got the manual out, along with the donor truck steering column, clutch and brake pedal assembly. The wiring harness is ready to be unplugged and pulled out and the master and slave cylinder are ready to be gotten out.

I have a question, my upper steering column has been rebuilt 3 times and the bearings are gone again, the steering column in the donor truck is good and tight. If I use it then I wont have tilt or cruise, what should I do? Use the donor truck and convert it to have cruise or just have my upper rebuilt again? Also the clutch pedal in the donor truck was stiff, what can I do to have a more softer to push clutch pedal?

Pics to come tonight!!!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Welcome to the army! Nice color combo.
What's your flavor of injectors you're running and what turbo you thinking about?

evans213

Reaction score
Injectors are 180cc/90 rosewood stage 2. The turbo I'm thinking is D66 with a WW2 and a 1.0 housing. Because I don't won't to eat up my budget buying a T4 kit and all.

Transmission when I dropped it
IMG_20130421_155535_461_zps5e18c68c.jpg

Got it cleaned up
IMG_20130421_192448_780_zps215c0c94.jpg

Cleaned up the slave and master cylinder and wiring harness
IMG_20130421_192457_570_zps14ad5625.jpg

Also sand and primer the brake pedal assembly n gonna paint it black as it was rusted up some. But I forgot a pic. Lol

Reaction score
Also the clutch pedal in the donor truck was stiff, what can I do to have a more softer to push clutch pedal?

I can tell you that the Valair or Southbend solid flywheel conversion with 13" clutch has a pedal pressure so much softer than the stock clutch you start aff thinking something is wrong. So that will solve your pedal pressure issue. I just installed a new Valair 350 hp clutch in my 96 CCSB in my sig. I had the CONO SB before that, no difference in the performance so far.

Reaction score
Also sand and primer the brake pedal assembly n gonna paint it black as it was rusted up some. But I forgot a pic. Lol
Whatever you do, take the time now to put new bushings in the pedal box, and convert the cluch master cylinder pushrod to a heim joint.

Reaction score
the steering column in the donor truck is good and tight. If I use it then I wont have tilt or cruise, what should I do? Use the donor truck and convert it to have cruise or just have my upper rebuilt again?

If you use the donor column, my understanding that the cruise conversion is a simple as installing a horn pad with cruise and plugging it in, as well as adding the master cylinder pressure switch and the cluch depressed switch (part of the clutch start switch)

evans213

Reaction score
Probably gonna rebuild mine for the forth time. Rainy weather all week has held me up gonna sand the frame today and mess with it. I am gonna get ready to mount the e fuel while the tranny is out getting rebuilt

evans213

Reaction score
Got the frame primered and am going to be putting some black on it I hope this afternoon. Then I will make the e fuel filter/pump mount. I need intercooler pipes and boots as well, any body??

evans213

Reaction score
Got the bracket built for the e fuel. All I need is fuel hose, I am going to use the factory lines running along the frame and use the factory lines going to the back of the heads. What size hose do I need to pick up?

Also who has a good write up on mounting an intercooler? I have looked and searched with little to no luck!!!!

evans213

Reaction score
OK update......got the truck completely converted over to manual. I am researching clutchs and Nope to order one in the next day or so. I am still waiting on the tranny to get done at shop. I got all my body parts in from lmc and got the 6.0 intercooler put on the front. I just need some pipes!!! E fuel is gonna have to wait a little while for now. Pics to come.

Latest posts

Members online