'97 E450 engine in OBS?

freddie

Reaction score
Does anybody have any input on what the differences are? I can find some decent detailed threads about the differences between 99+ vans and trucks, but not much about 96-97's.

Also, does the fact that its an E450 van, and not an E250 or E350 change anything about the engine?

Looking for a complete(turbo, injectors, etc) drop in engine for a '96 F350 and I stumbled across a '97 E450 engine for a good price, and I just wonder if it is worth my time or not.

One thing I hadn't thought of until recently, is that the E450 engine is most likely from a shuttle bus or ambulance, and likely has some hard miles on it.

Looking for input.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
i wouldent think it would , just like the F350 and F-superduty , same engine but other different things , someone will correct me ,

freddie

Reaction score
It wouldn't be worth my time or it wouldn't be any different?

Anyone else?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Engine (block) is exactly the same but all the accessories are different and should be swapped over including front pullys and engine wiring harness to the PCM is different

DZL JIM

Reaction score
^^^
Strip it down to the long block, and put your stuff on it. You'll be happy you did, and not try to use anything from the van.
The '97 van motor should still have the cam driven fuel pump, so everything should bolt right in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.