97 F-350 with no power

woodduck97

Reaction score
Went to go look at a friends 97 F-350 dually he has a problem with no power. Took it for a drive and seen the power and would not pull it self out of its own way. Truck starts fast and runs very smooth just no power. Checked for codes in the computer with none. Was not able to check the fuel presure but will be checking that once he gets a guage. Also waiting for AE to get here to check the ICP and IPR. What are some other common things to check to see what the problem is?

Denver

Reaction score
Exhaust leak causing no boost? Dirty air filter? Fuel filter? Throttle position sensor?

woodduck97

Reaction score
Been serviced every 5k man keeps his stuff top notch, no boost leaks air filter clean, TP sensor working correct (Watched that on the scanner) It is so bad it wont even spin on gravel power braked.

Tom S

Reaction score
My bet on this one is very little fuel pressure. Once you posted it passes contribution.

Ayala444

Reaction score
check the fpr screen there known to clog real bad with gunk it can cause alota resctriction since its a micron screen

woodduck97

Reaction score
No i'm actually going to look at it tomorrow weather permitting. Me and the guys son were bumping heads because of some issues. We are still bumping heads but imma go try to fix it by cleaning the FPR screen and doing the BB mod.

Latest posts

Members online