99 7.3 crank but no start

NateMiller

Reaction score
I have a early 1999 powerstroke its got a 75 hp tuner 4" turbo back exhaust and a k&n air filter. I recently got new injectors glow plugs and valve cover gaskets. then right after I got those my hpop went out so I got a new one. Drove it for about a week and now it wont start. Right before it stopped running it was running very ruff and didnt like to start. Now it wont start at all. The oil level is full and is getting oil to the hpop and getting fuel to the fuel bowl. I just replaced the fuel filter also. I tried just a little bit of ether and wont even pop off. Checked the codes and only p0603 powertrain module code came up but I think its from unhooking my batteries because it came on right after. Let me know what yall think. Thanks, Nate

Rubyred

Reaction score
I would take a look at your harness's by your valve covers, make sure they are connected. notice any fuel or oil leaks?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I would hook a scan tool up and see what ICP is while cranking. Also, just to get the easy stuff out of the way, did you try a new cam sensor?

Tom S

Reaction score
Scan tool and a buzz test would be on my list of things to do.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^^x2 understand what its doing.

Gear tight on the HPOP? Need to check your work or get it back to the shop that did the work. No PSD owner should be with out a way to get OBD data...

Latest posts

Members online