A/C help

lariat06

Reaction score
Ok needing some help. For the most part my A/C works great and blows ice cold. Every once in a while though it will start to blow hot. Heres the thing though if I floor it, it will start blowing cold again sometimes for just a few seconds and sometimes for the duration of my trip. No matter how many times it blows hot if I get on to it pretty good it will blow cold again. Anyone experienced this or have any ideas? I have gotten with the shop that does work on my truck but if its a easy fix I would rather do it myself to save a few bucks.

Thanks

vcassens

Reaction score
I would start by making sure the condenser isn't plugged up and all the find are straight

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

squirtgun

Reaction score
Next time it does it flip the headlight switch 3 times and see if it stays cold. I read some where a long time ago there is an electronic reset for the a/c by doing this. I have done it in both of ours an 03 and 05 and it does work.

Jake

Reaction score
Check your high pressure switch. I bet it's going bad when I blows hot hop out and wiggle the connector to see if the compressor starts back. Like said above clogged condenser can make head pressures rise causing it to kick off until pressures drop.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
Low freon will do the same thing. Make sure the system has propper pressure. When it goes low it will cycle the compressor on and off.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Your condenser may be freezing up also due to the blend door not working properly, blocking slightly warm air from going across the condenser. Without air traveling over the condenser it can freeze up, making your ac stop working.

lariat06

Reaction score
Got my truck diagnosed. Turns out the A/C clutch is going out. Is it possible to switch it out with the compressor still on the truck?

zilla68

Reaction score
have you removed the washer yet?
pull the center bolt out of the clutch, remove clutch, there is a shim/washer, remove that and reinstall without it and see how it works.
I did this on my cherokee that they told me the same thing on, and its been ice cold for 3 years now.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Whs.. I did this on my 03 7.3 and worked great. The a/c clutch gap becomes too large, remove a washer or two and see how that works. Ten min. job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.