A Challenge For The Veterans

windrunner408

Reaction score
I would just look for a change. The sensor may show a rise, and then the PCM backs it off when it didnt actually rise. Or the regulator is screwed up and loses control (if I had to guess this is my guess)

When you say regulator, do you mean the IPR valve? That is only regulator that I know of on the HPO side. If this IS in fact what you are referring to, I have to say that I think I can rule that out as this condition has existed both before and after a new HPOP and IPR valve. Now the ICP sensor is still the same but that is just a monitoring instrument. Just wanted to provide feedback on that piece. Either way I will still monitor ICP.

Let's try this. How about I set my CTS up to display 12 parameters at once and then I will go for a drive and see if I can tell which one(s) changes significantly when this happens. The question would be which PIDs should I monitor??

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
Yes, I was meaning IPR. I dont know how powerful your scan tool is, so 12 things at once may slow it down so much that you wont see the problem, but its worth aa shot.

Could be the ICP sensor. Thats why monitoring the ICP pressure is the most important thing.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Got ya. Ok well I will give it a try. Besides ICP and IPR duty cycle (not sure if I can see that but lets say I can) what else should I look at??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.