A count of II pump fails and successes??....

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
My thought is why even mess with a company that has treated people wrong. We don't want to wonder if it going to blow after we just dropped $2 on a pump. My thought is don't waste your time and money with II and get a dual fueler.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
I think the pumps are better now then they used to be. Getting rid of an employee that was doing a half ass job helps.

Matt

Reaction score
I hope they are better too, but after telling so many people to pound sand, why risk it?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have asked this question a few times and never had any sort of answer. I will try again. Is there a right and wrong way to prime the pump after install? I know with modded steering pumps. If you don't get all the air out of them before the first start. Most the time they won't even make it out the door to the trailer. Prime them right and they last a long life. Sounds like the same thing that happens with these hpfp.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I bought an II turbo back in the day when they first hit the scene... it was flawless and held up with zero issues... like OEM quality

but since then I have read and heard so many horror stories, I not only can't advise buying from II, I actually advise AGAINST it :eek:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Mine made it 500 miles. One day of driving from AZ. Boom there I am on the side of the road. The engine would not even crank over....... It was installed by a sponsor here and cost me 4000.00 to fix all the damage from another sponsor here. Bradly (II) told me he was doing me a favor by only charging me 800.00 for another pump. He tried to blame it on a lose wire that would cause the pump to go full fuel. Not going to happen with a K16. *** them.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Where did you purchase the first pump from? Was it sitting in a shelf of said business or shipped directly from II? Sounds like a dumb question but I've heard rumors about some shop having stored II pumps in a nit so good location and mother nature may have came into contact with them, and majority of pump failures are from this batch. Like I said rumors, not disclosing any other info because odds are its false.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
It was first and only! No it was not from rust. That claim was never made by any party's in the situation. Although i have heard alot of those claims made by II. All of the people I dealt with are very good sponsors here and were back in the PSN days as well. I don't want to drag their names into this thread. It has nothing to do with them.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Where did you purchase the first pump from? Was it sitting in a shelf of said business or shipped directly from II? Sounds like a dumb question but I've heard rumors about some shop having stored II pumps in a nit so good location and mother nature may have came into contact with them, and majority of pump failures are from this batch. Like I said rumors, not disclosing any other info because odds are its false.

And what shop might that be exactly?

Pretty plain as day what you are after and it's obvious you aren't looking for help. Buy a pump, if the chit blows up, you can't say we didn't tell you. Otherwise, buck up for dual fuelers. Simple as that

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

If you know so much info then why in the *** are you asking ?

Spatel23

Reaction score

Lets make this real clear....
Do you believe what they told you or do you believe otherwise?

FYI...I'm just trying to step in and clarify the course of this conversation.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Did you have to pay for all three?

That would have been rough! Haha. But no Aaron did my build. Finally got our hands on some dual fuelers and went that route. I also have II tow powers, which my 71 atmo with only 15k miles on it already has shaft play. I'm not bashing any vendors. Y'all prob already know what I think about II

Kind

Reaction score
I'll be running Roger's used II pump. He's been abusing it for years without any issue prior to me purchasing it off of him.

If I could I'd do dual's from Elite instead but it will have to wait. However if there is better singles comin out I will try that first before duals.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have asked this question a few times and never had any sort of answer. I will try again. Is there a right and wrong way to prime the pump after install? I know with modded steering pumps. If you don't get all the air out of them before the first start. Most the time they won't even make it out the door to the trailer. Prime them right and they last a long life. Sounds like the same thing that happens with these hpfp.

Really, Is this a stupid question? Or does no one have an answer? My main reason for asking is its one of few things I have not changed yet. And I would like to get a modded single at some point. Just waiting for info on the "better" one that has yet to be seen.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Really, Is this a stupid question? Or does no one have an answer? My main reason for asking is its one of few things I have not changed yet. And I would like to get a modded single at some point. Just waiting for info on the "better" one that has yet to be seen.

I'm curious as well.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score

I guess you would have to ask the question. Why haven't the dual fuelers had this problem when there is two pumps to prime..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Generally I think the air gets locked between the rail and the pump because that's where the pressure is at. If you pull the return off you will see that almost instantly even before cranking you get fuel flow out the return side of the pump. They can be hard to prime because the computer won't command pulse until it sees pressure from the pump so the air lock occurs and is hard to overcome. Twin pumps start much easier after a major fuel system work than a single pump does probably because it's got more pumping volume.

They are fuel lubricated pumps but I doubt priming is the root cause to the failures.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.