A few 6.7 questions...

Reaction score
Well i am new to the world of 6.7s. Ive owned my truck for about a month now and i have a few questions. First off i just installed a mini maxx with dpf delete. I have a egr delete waiting to go on. But my first question is now that installed the mini maxx my pyro 2 is reading around 2000 degrees and is wanting to go into defuel so i shut the defuel off for that pyro. My pyro 1 always reads around 122 degrees or so. Is this normal since i removed the senors in the exhaust? Will it read correctly after the egr delete with probe installed? It wont hurt anything driving it until then with the defuel off? I dont drive it hard very often anyways. Ok next question is my fuel tank always seems to be pressurized when i remove the fuel cap you can hear the pressure release when unscrewing it. Is the vent on the tank plugged? Or is it common on these trucks? Last question i noticed my upper radiator hose collapses after shutting it off and it cools off. Is my radiator cap junk? Or again is it common on these trucks? But other than that this truck runs awesome. One other thing i dont care much for is the traction control. It seems even when it says its off it still tries to correct it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well i am new to the world of 6.7s. Ive owned my truck for about a month now and i have a few questions. First off i just installed a mini maxx with dpf delete. I have a egr delete waiting to go on. But my first question is now that installed the mini maxx my pyro 2 is reading around 2000 degrees and is wanting to go into defuel so i shut the defuel off for that pyro. My pyro 1 always reads around 122 degrees or so. Is this normal since i removed the senors in the exhaust? Will it read correctly after the egr delete with probe installed? It wont hurt anything driving it until then with the defuel off? I dont drive it hard very often anyways. Ok next question is my fuel tank always seems to be pressurized when i remove the fuel cap you can hear the pressure release when unscrewing it. Is the vent on the tank plugged? Or is it common on these trucks? Last question i noticed my upper radiator hose collapses after shutting it off and it cools off. Is my radiator cap junk? Or again is it common on these trucks? But other than that this truck runs awesome. One other thing i dont care much for is the traction control. It seems even when it says its off it still tries to correct it.

Your pyro 2 is probably going of a random value because it doesn't have the EGR sensor and the block off plate yet. I know my 6.7 when I first installed the Spartan the EGT PID would jump around 1000-2000 degrees because the was no Blocker plate and sensor installed yet. No It will not hurt the truck just dont floor it everywhere and youll be fine I had the spartan 200 Warhammer on my 6.7 since the truck had 100 miles on it and I still don't have the sensor and my EGR delete on yet and I floor my 6.7 every where its got 26,000 miles on it now and its like brand new.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the truck overall. its better than my old 08 and my old 99. The ride is so quiet and smooth. The truck seems to have tons of power. The fuel mileage dont seem to be much better than the 6.4 but o well it is what it is. Iam right around 14.2 right now. But it hasnt risen any since the mini maxx install. All the gadgets are sweet. I love the sun roof and heated and cooled seats. I just wish i could figure out something with the traction control so i could see just one good run. everytime the tires start to spin it corrects itself, even with the traction cotrol off by the dash.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I love the truck overall. its better than my old 08 and my old 99. The ride is so quiet and smooth. The truck seems to have tons of power. The fuel mileage dont seem to be much better than the 6.4 but o well it is what it is. Iam right around 14.2 right now. But it hasnt risen any since the mini maxx install. All the gadgets are sweet. I love the sun roof and heated and cooled seats. I just wish i could figure out something with the traction control so i could see just one good run. everytime the tires start to spin it corrects itself, even with the traction cotrol off by the dash.

I heard You can turn it off or hold it for 5 seconds and it will shut off all the advance track T/C gadgets I hate T/C LOL Does your truch have a E-Locker in the rear I got 3.55 E-Locker in the 6.7,

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dont know. How can you tell if it does? Its a 11 f-350 lariat cclb 4x4. It seems like it has every option available. Power everything. So when i just push the tc button and let off and it comes up on the dash and says tc off its not all off? I will have to try the 5 sec thing. Does it have to be in park or can it be done while moving?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I dont know. How can you tell if it does? Its a 11 f-350 lariat cclb 4x4. It seems like it has every option available. Power everything. So when i just push the tc button and let off and it comes up on the dash and says tc off its not all off? I will have to try the 5 sec thing. Does it have to be in park or can it be done while moving?

IDK never tried it I read it in the 6.7 Questions answers thread on here, They said to hold it down for 5 seconds then it will show up on the LCD. Whats you axle code on your VIN sticker?

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Thanks for the info. Iam still trying to learn everything i can about these trucks. I ve been looking for some more mods i can do. I want the next to be a CAI. i was kinda holding off to see how these no limit intakes will be. But iam a impatient person, so i will probably end up with another brand. Not sure which is best yet.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Thanks for the info. Iam still trying to learn everything i can about these trucks. I ve been looking for some more mods i can do. I want the next to be a CAI. i was kinda holding off to see how these no limit intakes will be. But iam a impatient person, so i will probably end up with another brand. Not sure which is best yet.

I got AFe Stage 2 CAI on my 6.4 and 6.7 but the 7.3 has a 6637 on it. The AFe works great easy install.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the no limit too.... And I'm getting impatient too... I know it'll be worth the wait, just gotta keep telling myself that.

Reaction score
I know i try to tell myself that to. But i am just not very patient. But fortunely for them my air filter is like new, so i can wait a while. So anyone got any advice on the tank pressure and upper radiator hose issues?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just hold the traction control button for awhile and it will completely disable the tcs. That was the only way we could really horse around in my dads 13. And to engage the e-locker pull out on the 4wd knob.