A few 6.7 questions...

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Odd. I'm not sure on these trucks, but I know on the gassers they will randomly test the evaporative emissions system by pressurizing the tank and measuring leak down.

Reaction score
One other question i have for everyone. I see everone talks about fx4's. What models are they? Its just weird because my bed says fx4 on the rear where they all say 4X4. But its a lariat. Does that mean its got a updated suspension or something?

12stroker

Reaction score
My 12 Fx4 has down hill decent, rancho shocks, and skid plates
And my 11 4x4 doesn't have any of those.

The suspension is the same on both

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you need to hold the tcs button for about 5 seconds to turn off the advanced track. The traction control just allows the rear to spin but if you even get a hair sideways it will correct that. I usually push the button, turn off the trac control and then hold and turn off the advanced track, just by habbit I guess.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Ya i will give it a try thanks. So does anyone have any info on the fuel tank pressures?

like what? every 6.7 i have seen or driven does it. its something that ford decided to do. my thoughts are that it was done because inspection testing is soon to be harder on diesels than it is now and test the cap like on gassers is going to be part of the new criteria

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've never noticed pressure in mine but also never thought to check. As long as it's not a vacuum I wouldn't be too concerned unless it's a huge amount of pressure. Randall is probably right that it's going to be a requirement for diesel like gassers

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
dustin,

youve never heard yours make the sound like it does when you open a soda? when i fill up with fuel, most the time i leave my truck running, but everytime i pop the fuel cap off it it makes the sound just like opening a coke IMO. i could half asleep and day dreaming this stuff up tho to be honest with you lol

Mpoage

Reaction score
It's not pressure that your hearing, it's a vacuum. If it was pressure than there would be air shooting out when you open the cap. Both of my 6.7's have done it.