A few questions about my AFE stage 2 si intake

mharring

Reaction score
We put a new engine in my blue turd then the fuel stsyem commited suicicide. So i went big and studded the engine and put a full intake and exhaust and a 7000$ new fuel system. With a modest 125 hp tune it nearly pegs the manometer. And also it seems like the intake doesn't seem to fit properly its like the boot slups off its adapter. Im not to concered about this if i wasnt pulling such restrictions ,does anyone else peg there guage like me and on a modest tune abd with such a restriction any intake leak would be found. So thats what im kinda worried about ive read about afe tubing not being correct. Read they were working on itbut could not get any answers from the forums. And has any ine ever put there air duct and seen a noticeable difference ive got 29,000$ tied up in a 25,000$ truck i can't afford a new engine. Im going to give them a call tomorrow and ask them about it

Last edited:

f350guy

Reaction score
The AFEs do not move enough air for these trucks. I stuffed in an insanely long filter into my AFE setup until I decide exactly what I want to do turbocharger wise. My part number is 75-11262 for the AFE kit.

Dropped EGTs and quit sucking in the filter minder.

BTW, the kit from 'No Limit Performance' moves way more air. http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57

mharring

Reaction score
Tried to make it fit better broke a sensor, can any ine tell me what it is? Broke the coupler, and fits like garbage. I hope they will send me one that fits at least

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 66

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
Tried to make it fit better broke a sensor, can any ine tell me what it is? Broke the coupler, and fits like garbage. I hope they will send me one that fits at least

I can't tell what that is on my phone, but if you broke a sensor putting the elbow in, it will be the map or intake temp sensor. They both sit right under the elbow. Ps the no limit will solve your life problems.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
I did the same thing to my afe, ripped the rubber coupler deal. Wish I would have been a member here when I purchased the crap afe setup. I had not heard of no limit before becoming a member here.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The Si version doesn't flow enough, their reg open box designs flow more honestly. But 250-550 is all the same under the hood.

mharring

Reaction score
There sending me there momentum kit to replace there garbage si kit. There is no coupler on this kit! They said they have never seen a fitment issue ever i find that hard to believe because i have read so many horror stories about this kit

Latest posts

Members online