A little update from me

Ipkyss

Reaction score
If you're reading without barometric, you're reading EBP desired. That isn't the actual number you're seeing. It's desired, meaning that is what the computer wants to see. At some points it's spot on and at other points it's off. Reading absolute and doing the math is the best way to do it.

Didn't know that. I have both. One under the other. They seem to always be the same 14 apart. That being said i believe i have the warnings set at 60 and 74 and i have not heard either warnings since the turbo swap. either way. For whatever reason. My ebp which use to be extremely higher than your average truck. Has been lower then your average truck ever since the head studs were done.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Didn't know that. I have both. One under the other. They seem to always be the same 14 apart. That being said i believe i have the warnings set at 60 and 74 and i have not heard either warnings since the turbo swap. either way. For whatever reason. My ebp which use to be extremely higher than your average truck. Has been lower then your average truck ever since the head studs were done.

Tuning Update?

B585Ford

Reaction score

You took you WG off didn't you?

strokin08

Reaction score
I have dash daq and I read it by absolute. Do you subtract or add barometric? I believe someone correct me but its 14.6 or something like that. If I subtract it on mine I'm around 1 to 1. If I say running 15 boost my absolute is 29 to 30. I havent did no data logs I'm just going by watching it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I have dash daq and I read it by absolute. Do you subtract or add barometric? I believe someone correct me but its 14.6 or something like that. If I subtract it on mine I'm around 1 to 1. If I say running 15 boost my absolute is 29 to 30. I havent did no data logs I'm just going by watching it.

You would subtract atmospheric pressure, which would be ~14.6 psi.

strokin08

Reaction score
Ok thanks JD. So im running 1 to 1 as good ad it gets. The reason i asked about gate because somebody told me the 71 shouldn't change ebp if anything should lower it some. Like ipkyss he ain't having trouble and in running good ebp now so I was just wondering. It seems a few ebp are in good range with it and yours is on the border.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Ok thanks JD. So im running 1 to 1 as good ad it gets. The reason i asked about gate because somebody told me the 71 shouldn't change ebp if anything should lower it some. Like ipkyss he ain't having trouble and in running good ebp now so I was just wondering. It seems a few ebp are in good range with it and yours is on the border.

JD is in high altitude which explains that the turbo is actually working harder to move the same amount of air it does at sea level. It also explains why its slow :pimp:

B585Ford

Reaction score

Since I am a little more use to my setup, like I have said in other posts, if was going to compete (race, sled pull, maybe dyno) if I didn't change tuning, I would need one cause I do see EBPs go to 70 and are still climbing at WOT on the 300 HD. I just let off when I am getting close. I never see 70 (orneven close to that when towing) at any other time. I don't mind monitoring my gauges so it isn't a big deal right now. I do hope to get some custom tunes so I don't have to worry about it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
actually it should increase ebp. the same amount is moving out the exhaust while the compressor pushes more.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yeah keep forgetting about altitude. B585ford when towing does your ebp stay at good ranges even pulling hard?

No problems at all. When I am towing in the 15k ballpark (plus or minus 1-2k), I usually only tow on Mild with Low Boost Fueling on 1. I guess that and the fact that I rarely have to take it out of 6th gear so my RPMs are usually around 2200 max with the occasional 2500 in 5th gear (if I had to downshift which I do sometimes on long grades if I am running 1250 EGTs for an extended period of time so I can get the EGTs down a little) is why I haven't ever seen 60 (my readings are true readings and you don't have subtract barometric pressure) with over 1000 miles of towing since I put the 71 on. Since at 14k my trailer is beyond its legal limits, I do just run the speed limit (70 MPH). I love this setup for towing!!!! EGTS are much better. Not that long ago, my wife picked up some construction supplies (gross trailer weight was just 11k) and prior to that the only thing she had towed was a jet ski with her Jeep. Other than taking off with that clutch (which is very aggressive) she had no problems. It was a 250 mile round trip. I should note her father was in passenger's seat for support.

B585Ford

Reaction score
no changes other than the head studs, push rods, wastegate. I obviously assumed it was because of the wastegate. Later removing it when I realized I didnt need it.

Do you think the low EBPs is related to your "low " dyno reading at Rudy's? Correct me if I am wrong but your trap times suggested around the mid 600s so it looks like the dyno number was off

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Do you think the low EBPs is related to your "low " dyno reading at Rudy's? Correct me if I am wrong but your trap times suggested around the mid 600s so it looks like the dyno number was off

I really don't know. I keep telling myself its in the low to mid 600s. If for nothing else, just to make myself feel better lol :doh: Truck runs/ drives/ tows amazing. I want more, but I'm affraid to mess up a good thing. I forget what it was, but the torque was really low at Rudy's event too. It was just over 1k. I also think the trans was not too happy after 6 runs down the track. Kinda wish I stayed in line and did the dyno first. Don't know if it was getting heat soaked or what. The converter had a little slip on that last few runs. None now though.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats JD 12.86@104 at 6000 ft with a 1.75 60ft. My guess if he came down here would be a 12.6 or better.

my79f

Reaction score
For a mild DD set up, it sure seems like this is an awesome route to go!

Latest posts

Members online