A More Durable Degas: Mishimoto’s 6.0L Aluminum Degas Bottle R&D

sootie

Reaction score
what was the point of the poll if you produced the less popular option?

Zmann

Reaction score
I had to go check i didn't believe the tube won

the ORG had 78% in favor of the tube (surprised)
the nation 75% for the sight glass but the amount of folk who voted at the ORG was mush higher

what was the ratio here ? i need to vote to see

scparrish

Reaction score
Should have found a sight glass and a tube that could have used the same ports, then made it an option. Looks good the sight tube just isn't for me.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Im just surprised no test fitments have been done woth aftermarket intakes, IMO 98% of customers who will buy this are going to have performance upgrades and an intake is one of the first things alot of people do..
Just poor R&D if you ask me; but then again knowone did so ill go back to my corner now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mishimoto

Reaction score
what was the point of the poll if you produced the less popular option?

Agreed, I definitely have lost interest in this due to the sight tube.

There were polls on multiple other forums too....

I had to go check i didn't believe the tube won

the ORG had 78% in favor of the tube (surprised)
the nation 75% for the sight glass but the amount of folk who voted at the ORG was mush higher

what was the ratio here ? i need to vote to see

17 for the glass, 14 for the tube IIRC

Should have found a sight glass and a tube that could have used the same ports, then made it an option. Looks good the sight tube just isn't for me.

We appreciate your feedback! We posted our poll to several forums and the end result after a week was 86% in favor of the sight tube, which is why we decided to go in that direction. The sight tube will provide a more accurate level indication which is an important feature. What about the sight tube are you not pleased with?

Im just surprised no test fitments have been done woth aftermarket intakes, IMO 98% of customers who will buy this are going to have performance upgrades and an intake is one of the first things alot of people do..
Just poor R&D if you ask me; but then again knowone did so ill go back to my corner now.

We have not test-fitted with aftermarket intakes yet because it would be difficult to source trucks with every aftermarket option in order to test fit.

Which intake do you have, and what part of the intake were you concerned would not fit with our expansion tank? I would be happy to look into this for you to provide a better answer.

-Sara

Last edited:

patricku47

Reaction score
The sight tube just looks like a cheap afterthought IMO. If that's what the masses want, I understand why you are doing it. I for one will be sticking with an OEM degas though.

sootie

Reaction score
sight tubes are prone to breakage and leaking. there is a reason construction equipment uses sight glasses for most fluids that need monitoring.

Zmann

Reaction score
someone on another site suggested the oval and even had a picture

those are the perfect solution IMO

laengsschauglas.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
A More Durable Degas: Mishimoto’s 6.0L Aluminum Degas Bottle R&D

Ding ding ding.... 100% agree....

PERFECT, the other guys that voted on the other forums votes shouldn't count, those guys don't know anything. This is what should be used!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
the other guys that voted on the other forums votes shouldn't count, those guys don't know anything. This is what should be used!!!

it was one of those "other forum guys" who suggested the oval sight glass
LOL

I had not seen them before

Mishimoto

Reaction score
The sight tube just looks like a cheap afterthought IMO. If that's what the masses want, I understand why you are doing it. I for one will be sticking with an OEM degas though.

sight tubes are prone to breakage and leaking. there is a reason construction equipment uses sight glasses for most fluids that need monitoring.

Why couldn't an Oval sight glass have worked. I understand the round one didn't give you much to see and the tube allowed you to see a little higher and lower but why not an Oval one?

someone on another site suggested the oval and even had a picture

those are the perfect solution IMO

Ding ding ding.... 100% agree....

I agree 100%! That's perfect. Why Mishimoto, was this not an option? Seems to be a perfect setup.

Agree on oval

Thank you for your feedback! I assure you that all of the products that we produce are of the highest quality, regardless of the features on them. We firmly believe that both the glass and the tube will work equally well, and made the decision to go with the one that the majority wanted. We use a sight tube on several of our expansion tanks for other applications without issue. Not to mention all of our products are backed by our excellent customer service team and a lifetime warranty.

-Sara

Zmann

Reaction score
I guarantee you a "pole" that includes the oval sight glass would win hands down
and put you in a league of your own

now you just have another aluminum degas so your success will depend on price point not features

yes we are brutally honest

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online