About to order Stage 1's and Beans 6 position

Lang

Reaction score
Where can I get that tool from? Injectors and chip in the mail, installing 1 day this week

goodie85

Reaction score
Because if you pulled your heads off today you would see a mark for every valve in the engine on your pistons. I have seen bone stock trucks with valve marks in the pistons or have bent push rods.

get springs before it costs you an engine.

I too agree 110% on this. Just recently a buddy decided to build a 7.3 and we tore it all down and it was bone stock with 96,000 miles on it and the pistons had valve marks. I would have agreed with the whole "you don't need them at that power level" before I seen it first hand as well. But now I'm wishing I would have got them earlier. supporting mods go a long way for longevity.

TARM

Reaction score
Yep so to say engines have no issues is really that the engines have yet to outwardly show the effects of the valves banging into the pistons @ whatever RPMS badly enough the owner /driver has noticed the effects yet. By the time valves are bent etc its likely taken a serious beating.

I am glad it was one of the first upgrades I did. I had not even run the newly installed chip hard before they were done. After what I had read from some of the builders on here basically the same thing Beans has stated. Then chatting with Bill about why he refused to do a tune using the EBPV as a poor mans air brake. Specifically he would not do it because from what he had seen the springs were too weak to handle the back pressure and not be guaranteed not to float.