? about tuner for 16

JMart

Reaction score
No. If the dealer looks they can find traces of them. If they want to void the warranty for it they will. Some dealers overlook them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No. If the dealer looks they can find traces of them. If they want to void the warranty for it they will. Some dealers overlook them.

this is correct. ANYTHING that flashes the pcm is grounds for void. but they do have to be looking for it to find it.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Just to clarify....

A tuner will not automatically void a warranty. That said, if the tuner is found to cause a failure, at that point Ford has every right to deny warranty coverage for said failure.

For example, if you have a tuner and later your water pump fails. Ford will warranty the water pump because the tuner had nothing to do with it.

Another example, if your *** gets plugged up and you have flames shooting out the tailpipe, Ford will most likely not repair under warranty, citing the excessive soot buildup was caused by the tuner.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Just to clarify....

A tuner will not automatically void a warranty. That said, if the tuner is found to cause a failure, at that point Ford has every right to deny warranty coverage for said failure.

For example, if you have a tuner and later your water pump fails. Ford will warranty the water pump because the tuner had nothing to do with it.

Another example, if your *** gets plugged up and you have flames shooting out the tailpipe, Ford will most likely not repair under warranty, citing the excessive soot buildup was caused by the tuner.

I like the examples!! lol.
I had one on my 2006 6.0 and only used it for getting better fuel mileage and really just wanted to find one out there for my new 6.7 that would do the same. I don't need it to shoot flames out of my tailpipe but also didn't want to take any chance of voiding any warranty's since it is a new truck?

Latest posts

Members online