ac stuck on defrost

Dalton6.0

Reaction score
2005 4x4
when I start my truck its always on defrost, cant get it to come out of the floor of the dash vents
the only thing that works is the blower speed
but if I wait it will come on the dash vents sometimes it will take 2 minutes sometimes 15
but after that if I try to press anything but the blower speed it goes right back to defrost
I pulled the climate control out of it and the lines all seemed to be getting vacuum. so is it possible the climate control itself went bad or do I need to look somewhere else

thank you

Strokethis213

Reaction score
You have a vacuum leak. Did you check the lines to the hubs? Also the line right next to the turbo on the passenger side sometimes comes loose

78f100

Reaction score
What they said, also the vacuum switch to the hubs is bad about leaking internally

Dalton6.0

Reaction score
I just figured it wasn't from my hubs because when I get it to come out of the dash vents and click the 4x4 on, it doesn't move back to the defrost just stay blowing out the dash vents

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Your obviously getting vacuum so the pump is working but you still have a leak. Check the lines or put a little air to them sounds like a small small leak

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Get a golf tee and start plugging off line. I start with the one going into the pvh solenoid on the passenger fender. I cant remember which line off the top of my head, but trace it from the canister. If that then sends the air out the vents, plug off the line coming out of the solenoid. If it still blows out defrost, put a solenoid on it. If it blows out vents, plug off 1 hub at a time, if neither changes it, find a splice and plug yhere to determine where the leak is. If plugging the inlet to the solenoid doesnt work, plug the line into the tank, see if your pump is leaking, it should shut off after a couple seconds. Also, make sure the pump plug is fully seated on thepump and that the coolant control valve vacuum line is on.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Then on the 08s they went electronic and those things are kind of a pita. Which is odd because our van had the same system and we got it used two years old and drove it for five years, no problems.

Dalton6.0

Reaction score
I plugged off all the vacuum lines I could find and check all the plugs. Nothing changed. is there anywhere else I could look?

Latest posts

Members online