add backup camera?

ytee

Reaction score
Is it possible to add a backup camera to the stock system? I would like one in the bed so I could hookup gooseneck easier.

Chris

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a backup camera to the stock system? I would like one in the bed so I could hookup gooseneck easier.

Chris

you have factory nav ? if so i believe my buddy can help you.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
really I was about to pull the trigger. LOL what else is there.

my buddy is working on one in the 3rd brake light as a secondary , so when you remove tailgate its the reverse camera function. its not done yet. or you could just plumb a backup cam in the bed and delete the tailgate one.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is he going to run a lock pick type module or just tie into the current wiring

tie in. the lock picks are nothing but trouble. coastal etech is the leader in trash technology.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
let me know, my truck has no nav or no factory back up camera, i would really like to have one for the gooseneck, let me know whats available

sredmyer

Reaction score
I am the buddy bigpowr is referring to...as he mentioned, I am working on a HMBL (high mounted brake light) camera for our trucks. Really do not have any idea at this point when I might have something though. This is just one of about a half a dozen projects have going on at the moment.

If any of you guys are interested in installing the OEM factory nav or the factory backup camera, just give me a shout...I can hook you up.

Steve

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I wonder if you can see the GN ball in the bed with a tool box in the way if it is mounted on the third break light like that? Also is there anyway to keep both cameras and be able to switch between the two? Some sort of switch on the tail gate for when its down to shut off the tailgate camera would be awesome.

I would be interested in this for sure. Shoot me a PM with the details

SAK

Reaction score
I am the buddy bigpowr is referring to...as he mentioned, I am working on a HMBL (high mounted brake light) camera for our trucks. Really do not have any idea at this point when I might have something though. This is just one of about a half a dozen projects have going on at the moment.

If any of you guys are interested in installing the OEM factory nav or the factory backup camera, just give me a shout...I can hook you up.

Steve

How bad is it to install the factory nav unit?

Motostroker

Reaction score
I'm going home to look up part numbers and rip out the head unit. I want to see what the backside of the sync system looks like and if I can splice into the existing RCA cables. Maybe put a switch hidden in the dash that can toggle the cameras. Unless I can get a buddy to put a button on the screen.

Latest posts

Members online