Add me to the injector install club!

firehunter

Reaction score
I always get a sense of satisfaction when I can do things for myself. :thumbsup:

I was able to do my first injector swap today pulling out my stock AD's/AE and replacing them with some of Unlimited's Stage 1.5's A-codes. Many, many thanks to all the threads on here about other people's installs as I was able to do the whole job, from running truck to running truck, in 5 hours which I hear is about right for a rookie installer. A few notes...

I pulled the far back two injectors and let them sit for a good ten minutes before pulling the rest of the injectors as has been suggested here. When I got my 60cc syringe and tubing out I was able to pull over 350cc's of oil/fuel out of EACH of those cylinders. I had no idea it would be that much fluid. The other six cylinders had less than 20cc's in each of them.

After completely evacuating all the cylinders I installed the injectors and did a couple of series of turning the key on and just letting the fuel pump run. After doing this two times I could hear the pump start to build pressure so I moved on to a few series of cranking the engine with the 42 pin connector undone. Crank for 20 seconds then let it sit for 10 minutes, repeat three times. Connected the 42-pin connector, cranked 10 seconds at most, and it fired right up. No smoking, bucking, jerking, weird idle, nothing. Just went straight to a nice smooth idle. After reading some starting issues some guys have had I was very surprised it started this easy. I figured the FRx (RiffRaff diesel) I have on there would get the fuel flowing pretty quickly but evidently the oil started flowing pretty easily too. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I have only put 50 miles on it so far so I haven't really had a chance to test out Matt's tuning yet but I will get a good feeling for it after this weekend. I will be towing ~6k over ~300 miles so we'll see how it does. Looking forward to it!

I have an OBS idle now! :D

All for now, I still have to clean up the shop. Just had to share...

TARM

Reaction score
IMO the 1.5 should have always been the original stage 1. No point is using a stock nozzle The 30% can work with even the weak HPOPs Great towing choice!!!!! Glad it went well.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Nice! I've been there done that with a friend it definitely takes some time and patience but not too too bad.

SevenThree

Reaction score
An injector job is so easy a girl can do it:D

Doing my second job in the next two weekends.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I just installed my injectors, and that was my first install. Definatly not the last install either. I have a couple people waiting for me to install the same mods I have on their trucks.

SevenThree

Reaction score
I saw your post in AWOL about your first injector install...you were pretty pleased yourself!

(Um, you are quoting yourself now?)

You don't know me very well. Lol.

If you would have had such a disastrous time, you'd be pretty stoked too, lmao.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

OSCS

Reaction score
An easy start up is great! I've heard horror stories my self. I did injectors and hpop at the same time and it only took 10 seconds of cranking for mine to fire up. I never had to remove the oil/fuel from the cylinders as I was doing valve springs at the same time and the fluid mixture made it up to the inside of the hood when rolling TDC LOL!! Anyways enjoy!

Latest posts

Members online