Adiovox remote start/alarm issue need help!

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
Brief background on my truck; it is an '08 FX4 that I bought used. The previous owner had a remote/start installed. Unfortunately for me he did not keep any of the documentation and lost one of the fobs.

So, I used the fob that he gave me for a while until it started not unlocking the truck on occasion even with a fresh battery. I went back to the factory fob to unlock/lock the truck. No problem, I will get a new alarm installed later. Truck sits inside all of the time.

So yesterday I moved the truck outside so the boy could rotate the tires on his car. I went for a ride. Meanwhile the wife decided she need to go to the store. Locks my truck with the Audiovox fob. Now I can't get the alarm to turn off. I disconnected the alarm horn. But the flashers and clearance lights come on every time I touch anything electrical; door opens, tap the brakes, put on a turn signal, etc.

The truck does start and run. Not real keen on driving it with the flashers coming on all of the time.

The part number on the Audiovox fob is XR91. I googled it came up with with four model numbers that it can be used with; PRO9801XR, PRO9276XR, XR9000, XR6900. I have no idea what I am looking for to try to disconnect it or if I even can. I hope someone on here can give me a hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online