Adrenaline HPOP

Tom S

Reaction score
I am not so sure I would label your injectors as old and worn out of the truck has had good maintinance with good oil changes and not dusted from airbox issues. I think I would put fresh O-rings on IPR at a minimum.

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm curiosity just for comparison only, don't want to derail a good thread!
Understand, ipr o-rings at a minimum, back to the topic.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Funny you ask... I did, but that was before my hard drive got smoked. I had them posted in a thread somewhere...

With 195k AD's and both PHP, and DP tunes it took about 60% to see 2900.

From there I went to 160's and it did 31-3200 at about 48% on Jonathan @ Beans tunes.

Put over 30k on the pump, mostly with Jonathan's tunes, never noticed a DC creep to hold the commanded ICP.

Good little pump.

I know a guy that wants 400 for one. Supposed to be less than 10k on it.

Tom S

Reaction score
Nice job guys of staying on track and providing technical input!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Here's a sled pull data log. Forgot I put it in photobucket.

ICP and IPR.

pulling.png

Short Bus

Reaction score
I run an adr pump on my obs with stage 2's, it does a great job and i dont ever get a CEL. Ive had it on the truck now for probably close to 20k miles. If needed for another truck i will buy another.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
What did you log this with? I'd like to be able to do something like that...

AE, then I dropped it in a graph to make it look pretty like Tom did with all the different pumps a couple years back during Adrenaline War 1.

Awesome data log Tom. What sized injectors.

Just 160's. I thought the pump did a pretty good job building pressure as soon as IPR adjusted though.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
I bought the Adrenaline in 2009 and have about 39k miles on it. It is one of my favorite modifications as far as far as permagrin factor.

My stock pump would drop to 1700-1800 psi on PHP 100 tune. Adrenaline stays at 2800 mid 40s% dc. I do have data logs of old pump vs Adrenaline, I think Tom posted a bunch of data runs at PSN.

Customer service plug for Bob and Sheryl - I recently pulled my pump to replace the o-ring on the un-servicable plug to fix a small leak (I hate leaks). I bought the o-ring kit from Bob and thought while the pump is sitting on the bench I would change all of the o-rings. Great idea poorly executed...

Unfortunately I screwed up my pump by not getting the snap ring in the groove correctly. Tried to start the truck and the pump puked. Bob took care of me and turned my pump around quickly. Repair price was very reasonable.

Tom S

Reaction score
That snap ring is a tricky SOB. It is tapered on one side for one and you also have to put pressure on the back cover to compress the O-ring when installing it into the HPOP.

Tom

CGMKCM

Reaction score
That snap ring is a tricky SOB. It is tapered on one side for one and you also have to put pressure on the back cover to compress the O-ring when installing it into the HPOP.

Tom

The frustrating thing is I really took my time, I used a brass drift and a small machinists hammer to tap on the ring to make sure the snap ring was seated. I learned a valuable lesson on that one. Fortunately I was in my shop and not on the road somewhere when it popped out.
The pump is back in the truck and it runs great! Nothing damaged, other than my wallet.

Last edited:

Blowby

Reaction score
Autoenginuity 11-11-11
  • Logged in OD.
  • Swamps Stage II 175's.
  • 254,656 miles on engine.

At data log:
  • AD has 32,956 miles.
  • Rotela T6 5-40 with 2,479 miles on oil.
  • Temp 55 deg.
  • Elevation 5320ft.

icp-ad.jpg

4duggan

Reaction score
Marty's Diesel put the "Adreneline" on my truck today. 3000 psi @ wot , blew Dieselsite ic boot , went back to the shop , no oil leaks , double clamped freshly cut ic boot , sent me on my way.

As always learned a bit more about my truck , and left feeling confident that my $hit was done right.

Wreck on 95 :shrug:, had to take back roads home from Marty's but it felt good.

However monday on my way to work @ 4:30am when I merge onto I-83 I will
be gauging the grin level .

TyCorr

Reaction score
This makes me want one, I have a laundry list of mods I want.. I can dream right?

Even when you are in the acquisition stage its not easy. Too many pumps to choose from. A T500, srp1, and an adrenaline will power intermediate sized standard hybrids. Since this thread is about the adrenaline, Ill say that you dont hear of people having much for problems with the pump.

My pump is going so I need to expedite my decision. Its starting to whiiiine sometimes and also setting the SES light when I select any tunes 100hp or greater. Starting to lunge when I change tunes, although that could be tuning related.

This is a great thread.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Yea I sent my pump in and after its was rebuilt to a larger pump I was told the spring was pretty busted. That explained the lagging and sputtering I had in my race tune.

joedown

Reaction score
I bought one a couple years ago and haven't had any problems. Took care of the CEL I was setting at WOT. The pump I replaced was a 15* stock pump with about 50K on it. It made quite a difference even before I got tuning for my stage I s. I'd do it again and it would be one of the first mods I do to another truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.