Advice for parts for trans rebuild.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I hear good things about every company's trans, elite,suncoast etc... But I'm looking to save money and I'm not afraid to tear into my trans so I was wondering what is the best way to go about building my trans and what parts I should go with and from where. Wanna be able to do about 700-800 fuel only and spray a little at the strip. Suggestions??

04stroker

Reaction score
I would do a precision or DPC converter you can get a rebuild kit with the pump mods and all other seals, gaskets, clutches etc.. From suncoast or any performance shop really. I would go with raybestos clutches over the alto. Billet input shaft and any other billet parts you can afford while your there.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
But what billet parts are actually needed I know a imput but are all the others actually needed what brakes that would be a good investment

Not trying to hijack your thread but figured it would be good info

jdgleason

Reaction score
For 7-800 and some spray, you'll want to go full billet, and the HD 300m input. As for clutches, I'd recommend elites HD clutches as well. Essentially you'd be assembling a stage 3 trans.

If I can get you any pricing, let me know!

madman1234509

Reaction score
I have an elite competition trans kit, transgo shift kit, and a tcs 300mbillet input shaft. Not sure on a converter yet, thinking either precision or dpc..... Id do atleast that and run it.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I run a RCD converter made by precision. Stock solenoids. Sun coast raybestos clutches. TCS billet intermediate shaft and BTS billet input. It puts power to the ground very well.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I already talk to suncoast at etown diesel nationals and with there parts a converter it was gunna be around 3500-3700 iirc. My next question is how good are the flex plates on these trucks. Suncoast had one for 649 for my truck

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lotta people putting big power down through stock flex plates. I think you'd be fine at the desired power level but it can never hurt to add it if you have the money.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I already talk to suncoast at etown diesel nationals and with there parts a converter it was gunna be around 3500-3700 iirc. My next question is how good are the flex plates on these trucks. Suncoast had one for 649 for my truck

I'd def throw one in there. I broke the center out of my stock one at only 650hp

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Mine holds up to 800 hp so far. There's a truck with s472 and 100% nozzles running a stock one around here also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They've been proven to take the abuse much better over a longer period of time then the latter. But that also has a little to do with how the trans is built and tuned.

what he said

My trans is 3.5 years old

Just call elite and order thier kit you cant go wrong with that

Stroked777

Reaction score
what he said

My trans is 3.5 years old

Just call elite and order thier kit you cant go wrong with that

ill look into their kit, i wanna build the trans myself, love tearing into autos. anyways i was puting a shopping cart together on their site and they had a trans go shift kit, is that worth the $45 and whats it do? and if i rebuild the trans do i use the stock valve body

jdgleason

Reaction score
ill look into their kit, i wanna build the trans myself, love tearing into autos. anyways i was puting a shopping cart together on their site and they had a trans go shift kit, is that worth the $45 and whats it do? and if i rebuild the trans do i use the stock valve body

That kit is more of a pressure relief kit than a shift kit. Essentially smooths out any pressure spikes you may have. It's not a bad idea at all. I put one in my trans.

Stock valvebody is just fine.

If I can help you out with ordering any of that, let me know.

You haven't broken a single part for over 3 years?

No lol and it was in his CCLB before that with spray lol.

Stroked777

Reaction score
That kit is more of a pressure relief kit than a shift kit. Essentially smooths out any pressure spikes you may have. It's not a bad idea at all. I put one in my trans.

Stock valvebody is just fine.

If I can help you out with ordering any of that, let me know.

No lol and it was in his CCLB before that with spray lol.

alrigty thanks man

as far at the flex plate goes whats mike from MDP running a stock one til his just broke?

Latest posts

Members online