AFE Big Boost letting dirt in?

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Wish there was a Donaldson dealer close by. Where do you guys get yours from? I'll have to order it from somewhere. I won't get the 6637 then, I'll run the AFE till I get Donaldson.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wish there was a Donaldson dealer close by. Where do you guys get yours from? I'll have to order it from somewhere. I won't get the 6637 then, I'll run the AFE till I get Donaldson.

most of the time when you get the wix/napa 6637 it has the sticker on it that says donaldson with the Donaldson part # on it... if the local parts place will let you check it out first before you buy it then open the box and see if its on there then your good to go.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
most of the time when you get the wix/napa 6637 it has the sticker on it that says donaldson with the Donaldson part # on it... if the local parts place will let you check it out first before you buy it then open the box and see if its on there then your good to go.

Thanks, will do.

For the heck of it I pulled my buddies AFE big boost off his truck, he has more miles on his than I do, and his intake tube is clean. Both trucks are in the same environment, neither filter has been cleaned before.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have a feeling that a lot of what you saw was oil. Keep in mind, the Big Boost is HUGE. It doesn't need to be cleaned very often. I cleaned mine once in 50k miles. Usually, I just spray it lightly with K&N oil. The dirtier the better, as long as it's not caked or covered with mud or anything.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if some of it was oil, it didn't seem like it though. But by the compressor wheel there was oil. The wheel looks like new yet.
The stuff you see circled in red is oil
Picture 014.jpg

Wemoy1

Reaction score
QUOTE=Big Bore;427707]Let it get good and dirty for a long period of time. Clean it. Take it in a dark room and put a flashlight inside of it, then tell me if you still feel the same way.[/QUOTE]:whs:

Latest posts

Members online