Aftermarket axles for high hp 6.4?

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
My built is goin to be around 950-1000whp, are any of you high hp guys having problems with axles and what brands are you guys having luck with?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Depending on what you wanna do, a Dana 80 is a must for extreme use.

I guarantee I've probably broken more Sterling parts on one truck than most on here.

If your going to hook this truck, a heavily built Dana 80 is your best bet.

A stock Dana 80 may hold for a while.

The Aftermarket sterling axle shafts are a freaking joke FYI.

If you need help with it, let me know. I guarantee I'll probably never be able to break my dynatrac

Jared

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The problem is size. They are tiny, also, I would worry just as much if not MORE about your pinion than your axles. They shear off with that kind of power. I think I twisted off like 4 or 5 new Genuine Ford 3.55 & 4.10 pinions before I finally said screw it and moved up.

Sterlings are definitely not stout enough for that kind of power, I started breaking them at 600+

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Dana 80 only way to go for sled pulling.
25940_10151724082663722_134859613_n_zps3bb4848a.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Rcv makes 300m shafts for the sterling, which have worked so far for Erik C., but the comparison against the Dana 80 pinion speaks for itself. Maybe the reason Erik's hrs lived so long is because of his 4.30:1 ratio. BTW, it's always a good idea to weld the axle tubes solidly to the carrier.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Rcv makes 300m shafts for the sterling, which have worked so far for Erik C., but the comparison against the Dana 80 pinion speaks for itself. Maybe the reason Erik's hrs lived so long is because of his 4.30:1 ratio. BTW, it's always a good idea to weld the axle tubes solidly to the carrier.

That's what I am wanting I wanna stay with sterling as long as possible!

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Older cab and chassis Dana 80s are 8 on 170 and the right width. You just have ti move the spring mount or you can have one made to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Im not sure if Eriks ratio has anything to do with it. The truck doesnt really get abused much. I think if it saw 10 sled pulls, it would kill quite a few components. His truck has been driven aggressively, but I dont think its seen to much extreme stress over the years.

That seems to be the killer, then again, I cleaned off my first 4.10 ford pinion the first time i drove the truck out of the shop and hooked it.

OP, will you be drag racing or pulling more?

Jared

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Im not sure if Eriks ratio has anything to do with it. The truck doesnt really get abused much. I think if it saw 10 sled pulls, it would kill quite a few components. His truck has been driven aggressively, but I dont think its seen to much extreme stress over the years.

That seems to be the killer, then again, I cleaned off my first 4.10 ford pinion the first time i drove the truck out of the shop and hooked it.

OP, will you be drag racing or pulling more?

Jared

Dragging

Latest posts

Members online