Aftermarket fuel tank option with DEF tank removed

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I know the 11-16 aftermarket tanks are designed to retain the DEF tank. So my question is will the tank designed for the 08-10 work on the 11+ models?

And or would a long bed tank from a 11+ fit on a short bed with DEF tank removed??

Any ideas or thoughts? I want a bigger thank I just don't want the hideous hang down view of the tank...

Thanks for some input.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Can't remember where or when I saw this but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a long box tank won't fit. Man I wish it would though, be a sweet upgrade!

strokin20

Reaction score
I tried a long box tank and it would not work. If you look at our short bed tanks, the front of it is shorter in the front so it can fit under the cab. The long bed tank does not have the indentation for the cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well that stinks. I really want a bigger tank without the hideous look of the Titan hanging down.

Kind of aggravating being my 2010 f150 with a short bed 6.5ft holds over 30 gallons....

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I put a transfer flow in my old 7.3 short bed, and in our 07 classic duramax short bed at work. They are nice, but the disadvantage IMO is they are steel, so inevitably they rust. The duramax has ~170k miles on it, and ~7 years and its not leaking. But it is starting to rust.

But it is an option

durflinger92

Reaction score
I put a transfer flow in my old 7.3 short bed, and in our 07 classic duramax short bed at work. They are nice, but the disadvantage IMO is they are steel, so inevitably they rust. The duramax has ~170k miles on it, and ~7 years and its not leaking. But it is starting to rust.

But it is an option
Ever try to put an underbody coating on it like they do for the frames

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I don't see y any tank for a 08-10 ccsb wouldn't fit without the def tank removed. I don't have my 2010 anymore to compare but not much has changed.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I don't see y any tank for a 08-10 ccsb wouldn't fit without the def tank removed. I don't have my 2010 anymore to compare but not much has changed.

Thanks for the pics Nathan.

And as far as the 08-10. I don't know why I forget everytime I'm parked next to my father-n-law to crawl under and look!!

08Monster

Reaction score
My 50 gallon transfer flow doesn't hang down really at all. Steel tank.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online