Aftermarket gauges...which ones?

BrahmaBull

Reaction score
I am planning to buy some gauges for the truck. Most likely Isspro Ford match. But what ones are most useful and common to run? I was thinking boost, EGT and fuel, but I am curious as to what others are doing...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am planning to buy some gauges for the truck. Most likely Isspro Ford match. But what ones are most useful and common to run? I was thinking boost, EGT and fuel, but I am curious as to what others are doing...

If you intend to limit yourself to three choose egt, trans, and fuel pressure. Boost is fine for reference but doesnt tell you much more in my opinion.

If you can swing 4 gauges that would be better.

bruce

Reaction score
depends on if you have an auto or manual. If you have a manual then egt, boost, and fuel psi. If you have an auto then all those and a trans temp guage

BrahmaBull

Reaction score
I am open to running more than 3 - kinda the number that immediately popped into my head. "Whatever gives best information" is how I look at it. So EGT, fuel, trans, boost (reference) is good?

I am somewhat new to diesel - not trucks in general (lots of gasser experience) so trying to learn what is most important on these.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would probably skip the boost gauge if given a choice. It would be one of the last ones id choose. Id run oil pressure gauges before that.

uw mitch

Reaction score
If you intend to limit yourself to three choose egt, trans, and fuel pressure. Boost is fine for reference but doesnt tell you much more in my opinion.

If you can swing 4 gauges that would be better.

I concur here with a vote to go with 4 EV2 gauges.

Boost is like the "Fun meter" so I say get it to measure you fun just in case the turbo sound or g-force isn't enough.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

zilla68

Reaction score
or go with 2 of the interceptor digital gauges

I have autometer ford match and the boost gauge doesn't fit in the 4 gauge pod very well due to the fitting on the back. it really doesn't fit at all in the pod

BrahmaBull

Reaction score
lol @ "boost is the fun gauge"

Thanks for all the input fellas. I was looking at oil pressure gauges and the ones I came across were specific to the HPOP - is that the one you meant, or is it a different one?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Isspro EV-2

0-1600 or 0-2000 EGT
0-40 Boost
100-280 Trans Temp
0-100 Fuel Pressure

PERFECT set up for a Ford 7.3 truck. Gives you ALL the info you really need, that the PCM does not offer in a good way (or at all).

No issues with tubing fitting in the back of Isspro gauges, full sweep, full electric gauges. Built in warning lights, programmable triggers...

No better gauge on the market.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How do the Performax series gauges compare with the EV2?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Performax offer more options, and an overall cleaner install...

With the Performax line you mount the ESP or "Brain" under the hood, then all your sensor's run to it. Then you just run 3 wires into the cab to control up to 17 gauges. Not three wires for each gauge, three wires for 17 gauges.

You have Peak Recall, Data Logging, Warning lights and such. You can easily add and remove gauges, move them around to other areas...

If your drag racing you dont really care about trans temp, but you want to know exhaust back pressure, remove the trans temp and plug in the ebp gauge... bang, you have an EBP gauge. Hook up to the RV to go home and throw the trans temp back in... Just an example but...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Isspro EV-2

0-1600 or 0-2000 EGT
0-40 Boost
100-280 Trans Temp
0-100 Fuel Pressure

PERFECT set up for a Ford 7.3 truck. Gives you ALL the info you really need, that the PCM does not offer in a good way (or at all).

No issues with tubing fitting in the back of Isspro gauges, full sweep, full electric gauges. Built in warning lights, programmable triggers...

No better gauge on the market.
you a dealer or just a tester?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I don't work for Isspro, I've been testing for them for close to ten years.

I am a vendor as well, but not a sponsor.

BrahmaBull

Reaction score
I'm definitely leaning in the direction of Isspro or the Autometer Ford match stuff (I'm anal that way) - but I've got a friend trying to convince me of running an Edge CTS instead. I'm old school though and I like my gauges. So, I'll decide soon.

Latest posts

Members online