aftermarket idm?

Big Bore

Reaction score
does anyone know if the swamps idm is worth buying for some horsepower gains?

First off, I don't "know" that the Swamps IDM gives any horsepower gains per say. However, after reading their research and development pages on their site, and as an electrical engineering major, I "know" it's wayyyyyyy better than a stock IDM, and a well engineered piece of equipment and a worthy upgrade to any motor.

genie144

Reaction score
I have one. I originally upgraded an OBS IDM to the higher voltage unit and noticed a significant gain. I then upgraded to the high voltage/high frequency and did not notice a change. I have no doubt that the HVHF is better than a straight HV IDM - but I believe it is not as obvious to the butt meter.

Sam

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have one. I originally upgraded an OBS IDM to the higher voltage unit and noticed a significant gain. I then upgraded to the high voltage/high frequency and did not notice a change. I have no doubt that the HVHF is better than a straight HV IDM - but I believe it is not as obvious to the butt meter.

Sam

Yea the later model high voltage IDM really smooths the idle on the OBS doesn't it? Once you read the pages on Swamps, it becomes very clear why. One reason is age related, or degradation of the IDM, the other is voltage related. I think you are right, the Swamp mods are going to be most noticeable for higher HP injector scenarios.

JoeDiesle

Reaction score
I have a high volage IDM but was wondering, does this mod do any damage to the injectors. I just put reman 238/100s in, I have a toggle switch for my IDM (stock -140v.) it is more quite in stock but throttler responce in the 140 is quicker, just dont wanna wear out the injectors faster.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I have a high volage IDM but was wondering, does this mod do any damage to the injectors. I just put reman 238/100s in, I have a toggle switch for my IDM (stock -140v.) it is more quite in stock but throttler responce in the 140 is quicker, just dont wanna wear out the injectors faster.

:doh: the hv idm won't wear out your Injectors faster LOL

Just take care of your truck maintenance wise. You'll be alright

G Racing

Reaction score
I'm running two of their 58v with tune ficm's. I am really happy with them and will be getting two more here in the next few weeks. My trucks seem to be a little more quiet. They have better throttle response and little more power. Not sure how much more but I can tell a difference. :pimp:

pontiacross

Reaction score
I loaned the one out of my puller to a buddy to try in his 02, and he wouldn't let me have it back I had to get another one for my truck LOL

he said he noticed a pretty good differance

Tom S

Reaction score
Yea the later model high voltage IDM really smooths the idle on the OBS doesn't it? Once you read the pages on Swamps, it becomes very clear why. One reason is age related, or degradation of the IDM, the other is voltage related. I think you are right, the Swamp mods are going to be most noticeable for higher HP injector scenarios.

I have a SD IDM and want to know more.

bruce

Reaction score
to the op, after seein all the money you've already wasted on mods you might as well drop the cash for the idm. wtf is a bd blow off valve?

genie144

Reaction score
does anyone know if the swamps idm is worth buying for some horsepower gains?
I have a high volage IDM but was wondering, does this mod do any damage to the injectors.
So here is my thoughts on this. The increased voltage and frequency clean up and boost the signal going to the injectors. This allows any injectors to be more responsive to the signal received from the throttle position sensor. As with building any system... You need to have the building blocks to support the system as it becomes more robust.

I believe the IDM upgrade to be one of the essential pieces to getting your truck to perform better - at ANY power level. As you request more and more performance, having a clear powerful electrical signal becomes a requirement rather than an option. There are many ways to achieve the high voltage IDM - I personally believe that the HVHF upgrade offered by Swamps is the best route for anyone seeking more than stockish power.

You can think of it this way - your stock IDM is old broadcast TV - weak signal with static. The "solution" was boosting the power of the broadcast so now you had a better picture (140V IDM) - but still had static/interference. Now think of digital broadcast TV - the picture is crystal clear with no static/interference (HVHF IDM). As with your injectors, changing the source doesn't adversely affect the longevity of your TV - it just changes the picture you see.

Sam

Latest posts

Members online