Aftermarket injector hold down clamps vs. OEM

LAMB

Reaction score
On my way to work this morning and I get a message pop up "Low Fuel Pressure" so I say to myself oooo that's a new one I haven't seen before and I gave it the go pedal a little bit to see if it would bog out and it did... at that moment I looked out my rear views to see smoke bellowing out from underneath my truck and fuel starts to spray on my windshield and all over the body and began to pull into the nearest parking lot so the tow truck would have room to scoop it. I opened the hood to fuel spraying and pouring out everywhere. I talked to the service manager and he said it could be an injector hold down clamp failure. I first want to ask if anyone else has run into this issue on a completely stock truck. I am also wondering if there are any aftermarket hold down clamps on the market that aren't OEM because after this I don't trust them at all. My truck is a 2014 6.7L with 41k miles on it. BTW the guy picking up my truck said they are going to have to clean every drop of diesel fuel that got on my truck before they give it back to me dunno how long that is going to take or how much it is going to cost :/.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
It could of busted the return line off one of the injectors seen it before on a 15, since its a positive return system it would dump fuel out causing the low fuel pressure warning and fuel all over the truck.

Wildman

Reaction score
If it turns out to be a broken injector hold down, have no fear. There is a TSB for that issue, there was a defect in the original hold downs. The revised part number in the TSB corrects the issue, no need to worry.

LAMB

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry for the slow reply on the status of the truck I been out in the field the past couple of weeks. I have been working the truck hard and beating the snot out of it for about 3,000 miles now and all seems to be fine. What happened was the yellow clamp on the fuel pump at the top of the motor that holds the return line on to the fuel pump released or was not fully engaged in the first place. The truck was at the dealer a week prior for a 50 point inspection, oil change, and fuel filters so this might of had something to do with what happened? but nothing was broken the only thing that was wrong was my truck smelled like diesel fuel for about two weeks but if you enjoy the smell of diesel fuel your in luck but for the little ladies they don't seem to like it very much. The fix was to fully engage the clamp and everything was fine.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen. I didn't fully clamp the return line and down the highway she puked everywhere. Put it on properly and drove back to town and spent a while washing the truck. She smoked a bit and I was hoping she wouldn't light up! Glad to hear your trucks all good!!

LAMB

Reaction score
Yeah it takes a lot to ignite diesel fuel (Temperature or Compression) I had the smoke and that's when I shut it down and didn't push it lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.