Air Filter Restriction gauge

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
Didn't really know where else to post this, but I'm running the Ford AIS air intake system on my 2002 with approximately 8-10k on it, maybe. I just installed my Hydra chip and when using the higher rated tunes, I will trigger my air filter light.

I know this filter should go 30-40k+ miles according to others that have it, so I'm wondering if people with this intake and tunes are by-passing the gauge or what?

Triggering the light when passing someone on the hwy in "80 Daily" is getting a little annoying...

Using 'search' was not providing me useful information for this particular problem...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If it is sucking the filter minder down that bad on a mild street tune, there is definitely a restriction problem somewhere.

The AIS filters great, but many people have had problems with flow. Usually with a 38R, but I have heard of the same issues with a stock turbo as well.

Do you have the fender sleeve mod installed?

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
I only have the AIS unit, I have not done the fender sleeve mod, however after doing a quick search, it looks like that is next on my list...

As for the restricter I've triggered it on 80 Daily, 100 Perf, 120 Extreme (tried it for fun). I've noticed it'll only happen if I'm at 17-18lbs of boost for a 'long duration', i.e. passing 2-3 cars, or trying out the 100/120 tunes... I do not know where, other than the air filer a restriction could be as I've done the EBPV delete and run 4in turbo back exhaust... Could it be a collapsing CAC boot maybe?

psduser1

Reaction score
I only have the AIS unit, I have not done the fender sleeve mod, however after doing a quick search, it looks like that is next on my list...

As for the restricter I've triggered it on 80 Daily, 100 Perf, 120 Extreme (tried it for fun). I've noticed it'll only happen if I'm at 17-18lbs of boost for a 'long duration', i.e. passing 2-3 cars, or trying out the 100/120 tunes... I do not know where, other than the air filer a restriction could be as I've done the EBPV delete and run 4in turbo back exhaust... Could it be a collapsing CAC boot maybe?

No, it just means your pulling a vacuum in the intake, not that the airflow is restricted. Other than the restrictions created by the filter itself, of course.

Latest posts

Members online