Airbag code b1231

BFT

Reaction score
My air bag light has been blinking, blinks a code 19 and does it 3 times and stays solid. Cruise also stopped working
Do I have to replace the Module or clock spring?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
If it has a B1231 in it - it means it has detected a crash event. You likely have a deployed pretensioner, if there was no bag deployment.

You need to find/repair the pretensioner and replace the airbag module.

The module stores crash data and it cannot be cleared. Yes there are places that can clear it, but it is unethical and may not allow the air bag system to function as designed.

I wouldn't want a doctored SIR module on my truck and have any issues in an accident.

I believe the module will have to be installed by someone who has an IDS.

Hope this helps.

BFT

Reaction score
I had the truck hooked up to a scanner (not an IDS) it shows another code on the scanner for the passenger side. I tried turning the passenger AB off and it seems to override it?

BFT

Reaction score
I can't remember the code (whatever it was it aimed to the passenger from what I was told). My buddy said its most likely due to a loose connection or something faulty. There is no connection on the passenger side seat so that's not it.
I tried turning the key to manually turn the bag off but it doesn't work, bag stays on. The light does work, the "off" light is on for about 3 seconds in the on position and when on.

Last week is when the light started to show. I couldn't get a definite reading on the light then since it would not stay on, and would turn on every so often to piss me off. Cruise control went out less then a week prior

BFT

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to make time to make it to the dealer since I need my truck for work. I just found out my horn doesn't work

Latest posts

Members online