:: AIRDOG 2 USERS PLEASE CHIME IN::

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Okay so with all the negative feedback on AD2s. I and Term3 thought it would be a good idea to start a thread and see who is running them. I want to know 1) Have you had any problems 2) How long have you been running it. 3) Are you using a sump. 4) Have you made your own wire harness, if so what size while and have you had any problems since. 5) How do you get the power i.e- batteries or alternator. 6) Did you use the fuse tap or tap into the factory harness? 7) Anything extra like 'how many pumps you went though' etc...

Just wanted to make sure all portions where covered, if you think I missed something pm me and I'll add it. Thank you

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Wayne

Reaction score
I just put one on a customer's truck, and used the power signal from the factory pump. 12V+ is on the L battery post, and the 12V- on the body ground near the L battery box. I heavily modified the harness using solder & shrink wrap on all connections, and cut wires to appropriate length. I'm kind of picky on making things look clean. works like a charm so far.

I did have quite a crappy experience with a FASS 150/200 system (full pressure, big filters eliminating the factory pump, and with a pick-up tube) on my '72 crew cab I put the 6.0 in. It left me stranded twice with burned up motors within 1 year of the original install. Shortly after I sold the truck, the new owner lost the pump motor making it 3 times. I spoke with one of the guys at FASS and he said the company supplying them electric motors was soaking them by not putting on some wear resistant coating on the brushes, but that situation has been handled supposedly curing the lack of reliability. All of this was about 1.5 years ago, but haven't heard of a failure since.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I just put one on a customer's truck, and used the power signal from the factory pump. 12V+ is on the L battery post, and the 12V- on the body ground near the L battery box. I heavily modified the harness using solder & shrink wrap on all connections, and cut wires to appropriate length. I'm kind of picky on making things look clean. works like a charm so far.

I did have quite a crappy experience with a FASS 150/200 system (full pressure, big filters eliminating the factory pump, and with a pick-up tube) on my '72 crew cab I put the 6.0 in. It left me stranded twice with burned up motors within 1 year of the original install. Shortly after I sold the truck, the new owner lost the pump motor making it 3 times. I spoke with one of the guys at FASS and he said the company supplying them electric motors was soaking them by not putting on some wear resistant coating on the brushes, but that situation has been handled supposedly curing the lack of reliability. All of this was about 1.5 years ago, but haven't heard of a failure since.

Can you elaborate more on what you did to the harness please?

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Wayne

Reaction score
I just ran the wires to the locations I wanted, then cut and spliced them to length or put new ends on depending on the wire. using solder & heat shrink tubing cuts down future corrosion dramatically. I also eliminated that low pressure sensor circuit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.