AirDog failure

milleroutdoors

Reaction score
Just a heads up, any of you looking at an AirDog fuel setup, make sure you get the warranty card mailed in by the specified timeline. I neglected mailing the warranty card ( my fault) and at 13 months, 9k miles the pump failed and the lifetime warranty will not be honored due to my negligence. Gentleman named Kyle explained that even with the original receipt they will not support their product without the warranty card filed. $244 dollars with shipping to repair. Did I say lifetime warranty, I mean a LIMITED Lifetime warranty. Seems like lifetime would be with or without a registration card. Too many of these failures and a company that could have had a customer promoting their products instead going to the forums to warn people, too bad. This doesn't address the fact that the $700 + pump failed in the 1st place, with low miles and slightly over 1 year of use, just the support.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yea, I did the AD delete after mine burned up, about the same amount of miles, and took out my Walbro. There are much better ways to spend money on your fuel system.

milleroutdoors

Reaction score
The good news is by buying the new motor/ pump assembly I win the chance to re-register a warranty card so this one will be covered. LOL

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
The issue for wanting the warranty card is that its nothing but a few mins to fake a purchase receipt. On the other hand if you sent in a card which is filed there is no getting around that. On date or original owner status. You would be surprised how many people try to get full coverage on things like second hand purchases pull offs etc. Still I understand the frustration.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
All you airdog lovers need to get it through your head, that they dont belong on a heui engine. They are to small.

Theyre running at damn near 100% duty cycle at idle.

milleroutdoors

Reaction score
Most of the AD failures I know of are low pressure lift pump applications. As far as warranties, look at Badland Packs or Leupold to see a true lifetime warranty. As I said earlier my negligence seems to have built this issue, just wanting to warn people if you are doing business with a company looking to not support their products, verify you file the completed card within the time frame. Me I am pretty easy going but this will be the last dime I donate to AirDog too bad, great concept.

jbkingranch

Reaction score
All you airdog lovers need to get it through your head, that they dont belong on a heui engine. They are to small.

Theyre running at damn near 100% duty cycle at idle.

If I had to do it over again I'd do the FASS 220 for the big truck application with a sump. Probly be a whole lot better the. These 100 and 150 gph setups just won't push enough fuel. It's better then the stock lift pump by itself be not a whole lot better.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
All this talk about airdog failures lately and ive never had one fail one yet. Run one personally and install them on several customers trucks.

If you have an AD that's over 2 years old they are usually still going like a champ. Whatever happened within the last 2 years has caused em to be unreliable. Every time one of my friends buys an AD I tell them to send in the warranty card ASAP. They all laugh but I've had 2-3 friends go through 3+ motors under warranty on their ADs in less than a year. Always on a Cummins 12v/24v/CR too & those are low pressure apps.
I do give airdog the credit that they are awesome with sending out new pumps right away. But they doesn't help you when your stuck on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck or a trailer to get you home.

MINK

Reaction score
Also, I'm glad you brought up our increased number of pump issues. We have been doing everything to make these things live forever. Seems we had a tooling issue. Well we FINALLY got the issue fixed a couple weeks ago. AirDog can get back on track of being the best pump on the market again. Thanks for bringing that up. I almost forgot to let people know.

Straight from Anthony at airdog.

09stroker

Reaction score
Then they should have replaced all the pumps with this KNOWN issue not give everyone with out a warranty card the shaft.

Deputydog

Reaction score
I've had several failures just in the last year alone with my AD 200. The first one was a brand new pump I bought off a guy in town, it lasted 3 weeks. Since I wasn't the original purchaser, no warranty for me.

I'm on my 3rd pump and its going strong, seems to hold pressure well at WOT.

Also, as I understand it, AirDog was bought out a few years ago by DieselRx.

Latest posts

Members online