AirDog ll 4G installed

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
First...yes it's mounted backwards. If it was flipped around I lost easy access to the pressure port and the hoses were trying to kink because of the tight bends. I hate a ton of extra hose on these installs so I flipped it for the cleanest hose routing I could come up with.
You've all seen a thousand of them...here's another one:

11082645_10204299118457773_2450126991384929714_n.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Weird angle....they're actually pretty high. Well above the skid plates and stuff. Plus black filters are just a spray paint can away. LOL

JDub

Reaction score
Been painting mine flat black for years...no milk udders under my truck. Lol

Interested to hear feedback on the 4G. My 165 just died and not sure what to replace it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Butcher

Reaction score
Has AD improved their quality at all? I finally pulled my AD off my Excursion after the 2nd motor burned out on it within 6,000 miles. Plus, it still never managed to provide enough fuel for the bigger injectors I was running (175/75). I assume you put this on your '15? Are you going with bigger injectors which is making you run out of fuel at full throttle?

MEDIC350

Reaction score
First...yes it's mounted backwards. If it was flipped around I lost easy access to the pressure port and the hoses were trying to kink because of the tight bends. I hate a ton of extra hose on these installs so I flipped it for the cleanest hose routing I could come up with.
You've all seen a thousand of them...here's another one:

11082645_10204299118457773_2450126991384929714_n.jpg

nice setup I've been using a 165 for over a year with no complaints i just wish i would have mounted it on the inside of the frame so i could get some AMP steps lol. are you hooking a gauge up to the port?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Motor longevity with the 4G pump hasn't been an issue. The main issue was fuel getting to the motor and those are completely separated with the new pumps. If there is an issue and I get stranded all I have to do is unhook the connections at the tank and filter canister and plug the stock line back in and go. Wouldn't take 5 minutes to bypass if there's an issue.
My main reason to add one is more/better water separation. Secondary reason would be to feed future mods. And yes, I'm gonna use the pressure port for an Edge EAS sender to my CS so I can monitor the pressure.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
yea i put one on for an additional water separator as well. it was either that or a diesel site water separator for me. i figured getting rid of the bubbles was a plus too

The Butcher

Reaction score
Motor longevity with the 4G pump hasn't been an issue. The main issue was fuel getting to the motor and those are completely separated with the new pumps. If there is an issue and I get stranded all I have to do is unhook the connections at the tank and filter canister and plug the stock line back in and go. Wouldn't take 5 minutes to bypass if there's an issue.
My main reason to add one is more/better water separation. Secondary reason would be to feed future mods. And yes, I'm gonna use the pressure port for an Edge EAS sender to my CS so I can monitor the pressure.

I pretty much had it plumbed the same way on my Excursion, but it was still a PITA since it went out twice within 6,000 miles or so. Swapping it over didn't take much time, but getting to the bolts on the AD was tough, so there was that added labor to send it in for warranty. Nice to have the factory as back up, but sending off for the new AD motor was pain. Plus, the AD never seemed to keep up with the demand of my injectors anyway, so it seemed like a waste of time. I had my CTS wired to monitor pressure like you are going to do with your CS. I'll admit that was a nice feature.

jcain

Reaction score
I run the H&S LPFP. Did a write-up on here as well. So far so good.

Latest posts

Members online