Airdog2 installed pic request

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it drains from the upper bowl and if your not quick it runs down the frame. or im just retarded.

i crack the lower drain, then crack the upper lid to let it breathe, and i never saw much fuel drip out. but i have only done one filter change. you are opening the drain first and foremost? that usually relieves most the fuel from the upper side of the system. at least in my minimal experience with the 6.4 fuel filter change.

on edit: if shes hot, ill come down to drink your beer. LOL pics please.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i crack the lower drain, then crack the upper lid to let it breathe, and i never saw much fuel drip out. but i have only done one filter change. you are opening the drain first and foremost? that usually relieves most the fuel from the upper side of the system. at least in my minimal experience with the 6.4 fuel filter change.

on edit: if shes hot, ill come down to drink your beer. LOL pics please.

yeah drain the valve then unscrew the cap that you can only get 1/16 of a turn at a time. haha yeh ive only changed it once. that was one too many for me. do you think i shouldnt have got the airdog?

haha garrett has pics i think. shes on facebook.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Hahaha, I just remembered I don't have work sat night because I'm supposed to go to cowboy country for a friends birthday so I should be good to go for the install.

Garrett

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mike = not invited until she leaves. HAHAHA. or at least i go first.

Garrett

cant be in a competition for anything i havent seen. ;) hope shes hot!!

as for the airdog , its always a good start, just dont see any immediate benefits, but will be when you proced forward for the mods that need it. i have one, and their product is awesome, i needed it because i removed the stock fuel bowl. here's the reason-

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/...el_6_4l_power_stroke_turbo_upgrade/index.html

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
I've got one I need to get installed on my 2010 when I find time/ambition, I'm also looking forward to never having to change that lower stock filter...

BFT

Reaction score
Only reason I would do it is 1) clean up the engine bay 2) easier fuel filter changes and like Mikey said, it's there for supporting mods in the future.

I'm always down to give a hand, should be back from Colorado this weekend. Shoot me a PM if you need any help

Last edited:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
yeah drain the valve then unscrew the cap that you can only get 1/16 of a turn at a time. haha yeh ive only changed it once. that was one too many for me. do you think i shouldnt have got the airdog?

haha garrett has pics i think. shes on facebook.

If you put together a couple of 12" extensions and turn it from the back side of the T-case it makes it way easy. There is plenty of room the turn your ratchet there. And your know where near it to get dripped on.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i was just looking at all the fittings and junk of whats in the box and its totally different then whats in the directions. the directions make it confusing so they are going in the trash ill just figure it out myself. but more the merrier and we can play king kong beer pong when i finish haha. pat might come over and install a billet bowtie on his new gasser he just bought.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
WTF did he buy a gasser for? i cant drink much so even if i have to work in the heat its gonna happen. i have to be somewhere that night for sure and its not drunk at your house.

Garrett

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
WTF did he buy a gasser for? i cant drink much so even if i have to work in the heat its gonna happen. i have to be somewhere that night for sure and its not drunk at your house.

Garrett

his chick made him buy it for towing the boat to the river. he has a perfectly good 7.3 sitting in the drive way that only drives 2k miles a year haha. oh well its his money, i told him to buy a used 6.4 with a warranty and for $1200 I/T/E he can make 500+ whp. but i guess that didnt sound appealing to him.

Latest posts

Members online