AirDogII and RR time

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Not trying to convince you but rather continuing the conversation. The RR is not the hard part of an ADII system and takes the least amount of time to accumulate the parts and install.

If you don't like me pointing that out....wah

I too installed all of fuel system with "hand tools" doesn't mean the ADII is designed for the OBS, it isn't.

There is zero difference between the OBS and the SD when it comes to an AirDog. It's a pump, with some lines, a harness and a universal mount plate. One doesn't take any longer then the other to install

Again, for the fourth time now in this thread I've stated that if you are up for building your own and you have the time then go for it!! The rest of us will do what works for our time constraints and is easiest for us. PERIOD. I don't give a *** what you think people should be doing to save money. You mad your statement, I congratulated you for your amazing display of effort and craftsmanship. Let it be.

Dennis will continue to get my business because that is what works for me and most other people...

PsRumors

Reaction score
There is zero difference between the OBS and the SD when it comes to an AirDog. It's a pump, with some lines, a harness and a universal mount plate. One doesn't take any longer then the other to install

You know not what you speak of. The ADII being added to an OBS is completely different to adding it to a SD.

On an OBS the hoses in the kit do NOT plug and play like they do on an SD

The return is connected completely different on an OBS when compared to an SD. Heck the fitting for the SD return doesn't even fit the OBS filler necks.

The OBS requires a plug in the valley to cover where the mechanical pump was located, not required on the SD.

Something has to be done for the lines feeding the heads on the OBS. You either have to change our the steel lines or build a fitting to attach to the banjo bolt.

Installing an ADII to on OBS is completely different than installing one on a SD.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You know not what you speak of. The ADII being added to an OBS is completely different to adding it to a SD.

On an OBS the hoses in the kit do NOT plug and play like they do on an SD

The return is connected completely different on an OBS when compared to an SD. Heck the fitting for the SD return doesn't even fit the OBS filler necks.

The OBS requires a plug in the valley to cover where the mechanical pump was located, not required on the SD.

Something has to be done for the lines feeding the heads on the OBS. You either have to change our the steel lines or build a fitting to attach to the banjo bolt.

Installing an ADII to on OBS is completely different than installing one on a SD.

That's why a regulated return helps out tremendously. No hassle to figure out lines, fittings, etc. Just bolt it up and go

Unless the Airdog has changed the kit comes with all new pushlock hose and fittings to replace the factory lines, etc., so unless Anthony has changed something, or just built me a one off kit (which is highly unlikely) I don't see where the issue is again.

Arguing over whose way is better is dumb, that being said, for sake of simplicity an ease, I still suggest the OP buys a reg return to go with his AD pump. Been working on my truck with ease and reliability since Anthony an the AD guys released the ford punps

On edit** the filler neck return doesn't work on an OBS. got me there. But you can return to the tank to the factory port in the fuel draw tank assembly. Hose clamp it and be done.

A freeze plug for te valley can be attained at any automotive store.

At the end of the day, the variances are nothing to bat an eye at. Sorry

Last edited:

PsRumors

Reaction score
That's why a regulated return helps out tremendously. No hassle to figure out lines, fittings, etc. Just bolt it up and go

Unless the Airdog has changed the kit comes with all new pushlock hose and fittings to replace the factory lines, etc., so unless Anthony has changed something, or just built me a one off kit (which is highly unlikely) I don't see where the issue is again.

Arguing over whose way is better is dumb, that being said, for sake of simplicity an ease, I still suggest the OP buys a reg return to go with his AD pump. Been working on my truck with ease and reliability since Anthony an the AD guys released the ford punps

On edit** the filler neck return doesn't work on an OBS. got me there. But you can return to the tank to the factory port in the fuel draw tank assembly. Hose clamp it and be done.

A freeze plug for te valley can be attained at any automotive store.

At the end of the day, the variances are nothing to bat an eye at. Sorry

I am not saying my way is better or your way is worse. All I was trying to point out is if one was to go through the efforts to install an ADII on an OBS the RR was the easy part.

I am not sure what you received from AD but the kit they have been selling for some time that is marketed for the '94 to '03 7.3 Powerstroke will not plug and play on the OBS. The quick connect fittings do not attach to the OBS and there is quite a bit more work to do in the valley as nothing in the kit addresses the issues there..

Now AD may have recently (past 3 or 4 months) come out with a kit to address the OBS differences and if so GREAT but many people have purchased the kit only to have many questions after the purchase such as the ones above.

On your kit, what are they doing about the steel lines in the valley? I'd be real curious to know their solution. Did they continue to use the vibra-lock fittings? Did they attach to the banjo or replace all the lines? If they changed the lines what did they use?

When I did my ADII it was easier just to use the pump and walk away from all the quick connect stuff as it didn't come close to working on the OBS.

Pump4.jpg

valley2.jpg

Last edited:

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
What size of freeze plug is needed to block where the mechanical pump was? I will buy a RR when the funds become available. I don't have my truck right now do to the hpop coming apart. So when the time and funds are available I will make it happen. For right now I need to get the SD wiring harness for the AD. I bought the pump used because I bought the whole system out of the truck, fuel lines and all.

Tom S

Reaction score
I made my own kit quite a while back and I am happy with it. If I did the job over again I would probably just go ahead and but the Strictly Diesel Fuel System for OBS. I looked at one of Dennis's kits last weekend and really liked it on his race truck. The one part of work I did save my way was not pulling any of the front accessory drive stuff. PSRumors I really like your Y-block and related parts. Nice work on that.

rusty1161

Reaction score
I made my own kit quite a while back and I am happy with it. If I did the job over again I would probably just go ahead and but the Strictly Diesel Fuel System for OBS. I looked at one of Dennis's kits last weekend and really liked it on his race truck. The one part of work I did save my way was not pulling any of the front accessory drive stuff. PSRumors I really like your Y-block and related parts. Nice work on that.

Tom,

Did you pull the turbo to get to the rear fuel fittings? Dennis' instructions have you pull the turbo and front accessories. I'd rather not pull that turbo again if I don't have to.

I am getting one of his kits in November. I already have the pump and filters, just need his kit. Looks completely bulletproof. It will make my truck ready for another 200,000 miles.

Thanks.

Rusty

Tom S

Reaction score
Tom,

Did you pull the turbo to get to the rear fuel fittings? Dennis' instructions have you pull the turbo and front accessories. I'd rather not pull that turbo again if I don't have to.

I am getting one of his kits in November. I already have the pump and filters, just need his kit. Looks completely bulletproof. It will make my truck ready for another 200,000 miles.

Thanks.

Rusty

I did not pull the turbo when I made mine. It was quite a challenge making up the hardlines to run under the pedestal on the truck.

rusty1161

Reaction score
I did not pull the turbo when I made mine. It was quite a challenge making up the hardlines to run under the pedestal on the truck.

Thank you, Tom. It looks like I may have to pull the downpipe to R&R the passenger rear fitting.

I will take pics of the install when I do it and post them here.

Thanks, again.

Rusty

Ford3544

Reaction score
PSRumors I really like your Y-block and related parts. Nice work on that.[/QUOTE said:
I have been looking for a block like this to finish off mine. Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

I made my whole system. Lines and all. EVCO house of hose has fittings and any type of hose needed. All mine are stainless braided from tank up to motor and back. I use an aeromotive pump pre filter then napa water separator and to the motor regulator and back. It was easy to do.

Any pump would work just fine. If you are trying to use the original lines then I can for see some issues. If you just run your own then you can have them made up with any fitting you want. It's really easy to do the whole system. The time part is just making it look good.

rusty1161

Reaction score

Dennis' OBS system is on sale till tomorrow if anyone is on the fence. I fell right off and ordered mine today.

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.