Alternator or.......?

Snake

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm keeping the factory stuff exactly as it is and am adding a new "homemade" ground to the frame from each negative battery terminal.

Atsah

Reaction score
As I said earlier Mike, I had to replace the ground straps on two trucks, them suckers need to be grounded good or they like it.. I think you should be good if you do the same..

dasboot

Reaction score
all ways remember
Start off by changing parts (get the parts bucket and fill it) first. Start with the most exspensive part and work your way down until you find out that it was just a $1.00 fuse or bad connection ground.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm keeping the factory stuff exactly as it is and am adding a new "homemade" ground to the frame from each negative battery terminal.

the driver side cable goes to the frame then the engine. its already done for you.

theres also a ground strap under the pass side cab,from the frame to the cab. check that one as well. they tend to corrode and fall apart.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine that goes from cab to frame has been torn since the dealer first did a cab off with my truck. Morons.

Snake

Reaction score
So far, so good. Haven't had a chance to add new grounds yet, but I also haven't seen anything weird either. Truck is down for a new oil cooler, a/c repair, and a couple of vacuum leaks that need to be chased down.

I called DB Electrical about my refund (it was being submitted that day) and they let me know the alternator I sent back had a bad stator.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So far, so good. Haven't had a chance to add new grounds yet, but I also haven't seen anything weird either. Truck is down for a new oil cooler, a/c repair, and a couple of vacuum leaks that need to be chased down.

I called DB Electrical about my refund (it was being submitted that day) and they let me know the alternator I sent back had a bad stator.

good deal!!!

Snake

Reaction score
Made me feel a little better that I wasn't losing my mind. LOL

And all things being equal, they treated me pretty good. They paid to ship the alternator back to them and refunded 100% of my money without a fight.

Latest posts

Members online