Amount of importance in traction bars

ncollins64

Reaction score
Every truck will benefit from bars, from stock to highly modded trucks. Every truck i own will always have bars. Both brands are good, both PMF and OUO has great products and will not disappoint.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
absolutely. full leaf pack will not help with axle wrap , in turn , the shifts will be just as bad if not worse until the axle is supported .

apart from selling traction bars , i am also a client , and i swear by them . i would be willing to bet everyone that has listened to me recommend them over the last 7 years , most of which before i sold them , will thank me for recommending them .

Mike has owned more sets of OUO bars than i've even sold! LOL! That being said he talked me into buying a set for mine and it made a huge difference! No I have every OUO part they make on my truck!
We have some big sales on them right now so give us a call to get a set!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
One Up Offroad. We've been building our products since the early 1990's. We offer the single most universal traction bar kit for the ford super duty on the market. These bars have been proven on stock trucks pulling trailers to trucks making over 1600 RWHP and deep into the 9.0's in the 1/4 mile.

They have NO loss in ground clearance whatsoever, full level of articulation is retained, better shifting, no axle wrap, no negative changes in suspension ride quality (most customers say the trucks ride better), and no negative effects to your vehicle whatsoever.

Here's an example of our single rear wheel kit, they are in stock and ready to ship through us or any our of dealers. Make sure you cash in that 10% off before the sale ends at midnight tonight! Looks like Jeremy and Mike can get you taken care of!

http://www.ouostore.com/Ford_TB_Packages-Short_Gusset_Beside_Frame_Under_Axle_Mounts_3_1.html

Jared

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Jared, I'm interested in the claim of articulation and suspension cycling not being affected. I kinda thought that was the point of the bars? I have a full deaver pack like ImAtiOn and would like to retain the qualities of that being softer ride and articulation, but the concept of traction bars is to eliminate that isn't it?

When asking Carli, they suggest none at all and if absolutely necessary, get a "floating" set (one connection point over and under the axle and a reversed shackle at the frame mount). Could you explain that kind of design for me?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jared, I'm interested in the claim of articulation and suspension cycling not being affected. I kinda thought that was the point of the bars? I have a full deaver pack like ImAtiOn and would like to retain the qualities of that being softer ride and articulation, but the concept of traction bars is to eliminate that isn't it?

When asking Carli, they suggest none at all and if absolutely necessary, get a "floating" set (one connection point over and under the axle and a reversed shackle at the frame mount). Could you explain that kind of design for me?

I literally had a long response typed up and my server timed out.

The best thing I can say is to call our 800 number and talk to Dave.

That man can easily explain more about this in 10 minutes than I can in 15 minutes of trying to type out, which I spent an hour trying to in between our crazy phone lines today

If you want to give us a call and hit Daves extension, 888-98ONEUP

jack6.7

Reaction score
What do y'all think about Pro-Comp traction bars??? Saw that they were not expensive and wonder what any of you have experienced with them.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Im not speaking on behalf of ouo or any other shop or company but i can sum up the point of a traction bar very succinctly. They allow the spring to operate and ONLY operate in the plane of movement for which it was designed.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Dropping $1000 on a $60,000 to make it a large percentage better is a pretty good investment in my mind. Would you buy a budget oil filter?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Dropping $1000 on a $60,000 to make it a large percentage better is a pretty good investment in my mind. Would you buy a budget oil filter?

See; I always explain it like that.

Guys with 2017 platinum trucks, calling asking for cheap options and I'm just like.. uhhh...

You spent 70+ on a truck, and you wanna go cheap on that nice vehicle?

My biggest sale point, why would you bolt something into your truck that doesn't enhance the experience?

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
I literally had a long response typed up and my server timed out.

The best thing I can say is to call our 800 number and talk to Dave.

That man can easily explain more about this in 10 minutes than I can in 15 minutes of trying to type out, which I spent an hour trying to in between our crazy phone lines today

If you want to give us a call and hit Daves extension, 888-98ONEUP

Jared I appreciate the effort and thought at least haha and hope I didn't screw the day up too bad. I'm glad to hear you're busy tho, means the world is going round! I will give you guys a shout and talk it out with Dave. Thanks again

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jared I appreciate the effort and thought at least haha and hope I didn't screw the day up too bad. I'm glad to hear you're busy tho, means the world is going round! I will give you guys a shout and talk it out with Dave. Thanks again

No you didn't do anything at all. I just have a hard time keeping up sometimes and I learned the hard way that you can't walk away and come back to the post or it might error out. Lol

We are blessed to be as busy as we are and we only have our great customers to think.

We've been spending a ton of time updating our part number systems etc, so our dealers can order a pallet of parts and literally be able to pull 3 numbers and have a bar set up for almost any truck on the market, which should be pretty awesome.

We have over 140 sets of bars in production to keep ahead of our demand, so we must be doing something right!

If you have any other questions at all feel free to drop me a line. Dave will enjoy talking to you about the differences of all the Carli stuff and their "claims"

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Does it matter if you install the bars before or after you level your truck? Thanks

Not at all.

if you ever change the rear height of your truck, are bars are adjustable, so we have a procedure that lets you reset the length of them via the adjustable front section.

And if you only "level" the front of your truck, you've got nothing to worry about

Latest posts

Members online