AMP step trouble shooting help

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My driver side step will only go halfway up whenever it rains.. Steps are 3 months old... Anybody else has had this happened? Any pointers? Thanks

yes for sure, Most likely its in the mouting on the cab, what i would do is remove the drive motor first and run the steps by hand and see if there is a spot that drags or something. They should basically free fall down very easily. If they dont start loosening the cab mounting bolts untill it does. you will get an idea where you need to shim them at by doing this. Mine needed shims on the passenger side rear mounts upper bolts, I did that about a year ago and have had zero issues.

Another thing is use a good silicone spray on the joints, mine squeak from the road salt, if i spray them down quickly before a snow storm they are noise free for a long time and work great.

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
yes for sure, Most likely its in the mouting on the cab, what i would do is remove the drive motor first and run the steps by hand and see if there is a spot that drags or something. They should basically free fall down very easily. If they dont start loosening the cab mounting bolts untill it does. you will get an idea where you need to shim them at by doing this. Mine needed shims on the passenger side rear mounts upper bolts, I did that about a year ago and have had zero issues.

Another thing is use a good silicone spray on the joints, mine squeak from the road salt, if i spray them down quickly before a snow storm they are noise free for a long time and work great.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll try that this weekend

german154

Reaction score
Only problem I have ever encountered is on my dad's truck, had the led light on the right rear burn out. So instead of chasing the problem assuming more would follow, we ordered a set of the rigid rock lights to replace them. They just came in this week will update with pics when I get them installed. Props to josh over at dirty diesels for hooking me up

Clean-15

Reaction score
Only problem I have ever encountered is on my dad's truck, had the led light on the right rear burn out. So instead of chasing the problem assuming more would follow, we ordered a set of the rigid rock lights to replace them. They just came in this week will update with pics when I get them installed. Props to josh over at dirty diesels for hooking me up

My r/r light was doa when I got them installed. Called amp and they sent me out 4 new ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

german154

Reaction score
My r/r light was doa when I got them installed. Called amp and they sent me out 4 new ones!

Yea they are good about replacing them just sucks they always keep going out...just got the lights last night they are awesome hopefully it warms up so I can get them installed

Clean-15

Reaction score
Let us know how the Rigid's work out. Pics would be awesome.

german154

Reaction score
13188e17510c93331dd0873f4398045c.jpg

e94119cca7e8187c52aef47af07ec6c8.jpg

1ae29b3f3f290e611c8f9ae0e6ab8c53.jpg

99ad975b9c11c204b33a2c24817ca870.jpg

Make sure you use the primer stick that comes in the kit or the rubber will not stick. We decided to use 3m tape to attach them versus drill holes. Get sold off me or josh for pricing and color options

Clean-15

Reaction score
Wow that's waaaaay brighter than the AMP ones. Dang

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The lights that come with these steps are lacking. The pics tyler posted are the low power A-series rigids. Puts the stock amp lights to shame. Super easy install too

Latest posts

Members online