******** and Bulletproofing

Big Red03

Reaction score
I was wondering how big of a hole im getting myself into for head studs and gaskets and egr ******? How much did it run you guys?

sootie

Reaction score
depends what you get done. 3500-7000 is reasonable. i would have the block checked, heads decked and magnafluxed, OEM gaskets etc...

patricku47

Reaction score
I had my head studs done, everything checked out, new thermostat, upper radiator hose, coolant filter installed, and a few other nickle and dime things done for just under $3000 about a year ago. I had recently done the EGR "fix" and a new Ford oil cooler myself though, so I saved a few dollars there.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Had 5,000 in my updates and dieting upgrades, new oil cooler, studs, gaskets, lifters, ipr screen, misc gaskets, and labor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Big Red03

Reaction score
by the oem gaskets is that just the ford motorcraft gaskets that's what im getting put in and arp head studs and new oil cooler. Should I get the coolant filter to?

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I'm over $1000 without tax on parts for studs, oil cooler, HG, heads up set, and stc fitting. And I get stuff at cost and dealer price from ford so...

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
agreed.

if you take it to a reputable shop, of course it depends on your location, but you can expect to pay anywhere from 3800-7000 depending on what you may find when the truck is taken apart.
Exactly. Thought I was going for a simple stud, cooler, and diet job and ended up replacing lifters.

Went in for a turbo swap and ended up replacing ficm before it left the parking lot.

Never know what you're gonna get lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Strokethis213

Reaction score
you didnt do half of what you should of then if you only spent 800

Your right cause some things I didn't have to do like oil cooler coolant filter and I know quite a few people to get things for cheap also I left machining cost out cause my fiancé parents own a machine shop so yea I guess over 1,000 is def right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.