annoying ebpv... how to unplug?

96OBS

Reaction score
Hey guys, last winter one day my ebpv gave me some real annoyance I was driving it for 30 min and engine temp was up but ebpv was still doing its thing. Well now even though it warm weather out now, anytime I start it kinda cold it comes on for like 3 seconds when I first start it. Its annoying and I'm tired of people looking at me like I'm an idiot. Is there a sensor you unplug or something? Will it hurt the truck or make CEL come on or anything? I'm just tired of it. I live in tn and it don't get too cold here... and I could always plug it back up can't I?

96OBS

Reaction score
Can you give details? I heard some say have somebody cut engine on and watch a little rod move then unplug it? Also where is it at? I know somewhere near the turbo but not sure where.

PSD715

Reaction score
Right behind/underneath the black Y going to the intake manifolds there's a small oval plug. It'll run fine without it plugged in. But apparently it makes the cel come on sometimes. Mine didn't when I had it unplugged though.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Unplug the EBPV solenoid on the turbo pedestal. It will throw a soft code, but should not illuminate the SES light.

96OBS

Reaction score
Okay. If I unplug it I can plug it back up if I want to right? If the CEL comes on I'll plug it back in because that would bug me. Is there any downside of unplugging it?

PSD715

Reaction score
Yes, you could plug it right back in. Try to avoid breaking the clip on top, they're typically brittle. & no downside, other than if it was cold and you wanted to use it, you would have to go plug it back in

96OBS

Reaction score
Okay. I see a kinda long plug right behind drivers side y pipe. It has a little green circle where it plugs in. Looks like it has a wire that runs to the turbo maybe. Kinda hard to see. Is this it? Don't want to unplug wrong thing.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Thats it, it will be on the drivers side, there are no other wires going to your turbo, unplug, and youll forget it was ever there.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Had an extra at work

2wmp3qc.jpg

96OBS

Reaction score
I'll look at mine again, the one I was looking at looked circular but I'll check again. I'm gonna unplug it. Hope CEL doesn't come on.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.