Another Battery Company Left USA

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I just checked my battery stock and the EXIDE nascar select 30 month replacement is made in the U.S.A. ($89.95) and the motorcraft MAX 36 month free replacement 100 month pro rate made in MEXICO ($109.95)

Wayne

Reaction score
The Johnson Controls in Canby, Oregon is still running strong. My father-in-law does small, custom excavation/construction projects for their building on a regular basis. They make lots of brands of batteries (all at each companies specs) including interstate, wally world, and a bunch of others. I don't know, but I believe they do several auto parts chain store brands like napa, vato zone, and a variety of others.

I personally run the 850 cca wally world ones because they have a very lax warranty policy, they're decent, and can be replaced anywhere I go. No receipt required.

moose99psd

Reaction score
i put an optima in my jeep back in 04 when i finished building it.. in the next 3 years i proceeded to put 5 batteries in it.. they were all covered but it got real ****ing old.. every time the dropped a cell. ill never own those garbage batterys ever again.

907DAVE

Reaction score
95% of all the optimas I have ever seen end up in the core pile. Had one a few weeks look like it was about to explode, swelled up and began smoking while the truck idled in my stall....not good.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The Johnson Controls in Canby, Oregon is still running strong. My father-in-law does small, custom excavation/construction projects for their building on a regular basis. They make lots of brands of batteries (all at each companies specs) including interstate, wally world, and a bunch of others. I don't know, but I believe they do several auto parts chain store brands like napa, vato zone, and a variety of others.

I personally run the 850 cca wally world ones because they have a very lax warranty policy, they're decent, and can be replaced anywhere I go. No receipt required.

Ditto...

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
That is an odyssey, unless something has changed lately.

Fwiw, I've been running my truck on a single 84 dollar exide I bought at tractor supply, and can't tell a second's difference between it and my old odyssey 1500. I'm sure if a person loaded it hard winching or similar it would be wildly varied between the two, but for actually running and cranking the truck... the cheapy works fine.

*** expensive batteries...

Totally agree! I just buy the plain ole $90 "super starts" from oriellys and they do me just fine. The last set in my truck was 7 years old before they kicked the bucket.

Telling everybody about my $150 a piece batteries is the last thing on my list :pimp:

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
walmart batteries here as well......

Ok so some batteries will be made in mexico now, well look at where your pants, radios, tvs, cell phones and computers are made.....

I mean really if you arent going to buy those batteries then you might as well not buy anything else, and yes even new cars cause there will be parts on there that were made outside of the US.

TyCorr

Reaction score
walmart batteries here as well......

Ok so some batteries will be made in mexico now, well look at where your pants, radios, tvs, cell phones and computers are made.....

I mean really if you arent going to buy those batteries then you might as well not buy anything else, and yes even new cars cause there will be parts on there that were made outside of the US.

Oh, hell, you get more USA and Canada made parts at Oreilly than at the gddamn ford.dealer. Fords 300$+ oilpan made mexchico. Oreilly 95$ pan made in canada by uaw members. My buddy got a part for his focus from ford with "china" right on it.

7.3 X

Reaction score
Buying a quality product from mexico is fine but buying batteries that are worthless after 18 months is just plain stupid. Deka or Odyssey are the only options in my book.....unless you like carrying a spare set of batteries with you everywhere. Not to mention needing jump started or that the el-cheapo batteries always fail at the worse possible time.

Set of Deka Intimidators being tested out in my X now

Charles

Reaction score
I think the Odyssey I had in my truck was like $250 IIRC...

It was an okay battery, but I can't say that I ever got $250 out of it. When it died the cheap ass Wal-mart battery from my gate opener got pulled up out of the weeds and water-filled box next to the gate and tossed in the truck. Fired right up. When I had the truck in the shop it came back out of the truck and went right back into it's box in the dirt next to the gate again. The only favor I did it was to pour the water out of the box...

A $250 battery would have to last me about 15 years to pay for itself. That's never going to happen. And since I don't require a lot from a battery in the way of winching, car stereo, ambulance or anything like that, the money is simply wasted, as it probably is for most people.

Latest posts

Members online