Another cracked piston

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks for.that productive side.discussion! The 6.4 is a hot running motor literally and figuratively.

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Tuned and delete I think they are super cool because of compound turbos. U think 6.4 are hot motors put a single on it and see what happens. Detail over carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cory151

Reaction score
Well if it is not a cracked piston I recommend a change in the thread title. As I would not want to advertise the fact that I claimed to have nuked a motor and here all it was I overfilled my truck with oil. As a matter of fact "I overfilled my truck with oil" is my suggestion for the thread name. Might save somebody reading 15 pages worth of over reaction and fuel hate for the 6.4.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Well if it is not a cracked piston I recommend a change in the thread title. As I would not want to advertise the fact that I claimed to have nuked a motor and here all it was I overfilled my truck with oil. As a matter of fact "I overfilled my truck with oil" is my suggestion for the thread name. Might save somebody reading 15 pages worth of over reaction and fuel hate for the 6.4.

I didn't overfill the oil. It's getting fuel in the oil somehow.

webb06

Reaction score
Do the injectors have a return through the head? I wonder if it's an injector oring?

(See that lots in on highway trucks)

Yes there's a return in the head. Exits at the front and goes back to the fuel bowl.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How many psi shoul I see on a compression test?

like stated over 300 at least, atmospheric pressure plays a part in that, but 350-380 is ideal i think new engines are near 400.

Mainly make sure they are all close to the same

B585Ford

Reaction score
injection pump...

It almost has to be with everything you have done and not found the leak. That seems like the 2nd or 3rd time recently (if you confirm the K16 is the problem) I have heard of the K16 filling the oil with fuel. IDK if that was happening before and I just never heard about it or if this is a new thing.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Pull the cover off put the lines on an pressurize the system? Or is that not possible...

I am no expert and IDK where the leak comes from in the pump, but wouldn't you need to pump to actually be working to know for sure given the K16 has a 2 valve/regulator system?

Latest posts

Members online