Another death wobble thread

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
On my lifted 05 I've had death wobble twice in the past month both times on a right handed curve on the interstate. Took it to the alignment shop and they say everything checks out other then my 40" toyos are down to about 30% tread. I did find some play in the passenger side sway bar end link but everything else is nice and tight. Could that be the culprit? Thanks guys

Ciras

Reaction score
Sway bar prevents body roll and is irrelevant.

When the alignment shop says it "checks out" does that mean the alignment is correct or that they removed weight from the front axle and checked each individual component for play?

If you are unsure, do the latter.

Tie rod ends are the likely culprits, but the traction bar bushing and/or ball joint is also an often overlooked factor.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, they told me they inspected everything but you know how that goes... I just jacked up the front end and went over everything again and found a slight bit of play in the drivers side tie rod end so I'm fixin to replace it hopefully it's the culprit.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Also I replaced the trackbar ball joint 2 months ago I have it flipped for better angle

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I do it is a rize lift, I dropped it off today at a reputable off-road shop and they said they are going to adjust the control arms and rotate my axle back more and that the tie rod end on the knuckle end of my drag link needs replacement as well...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.