Another fuel tank question

zilla68

Reaction score
when I pulled my old leaking tank, and got the new one installed, I noticed the white valve on top didn't seem to blow one way or the other when i pulled it out.
Is it supposed to, because this tank is even slower filling than the old one and it was completely empty. I got to figure out a fix on this, it sucks in 40 mph wind 75.00 of diesel took about 15 minutes!

I'm wondering if I should replace that vent with a new one and see what happens.
Anyone done that?

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
There is a check ball in that "roll over" vent. You should have heard it rattle if you shook it. Replace it if you couldn't put air through it in either direction.

HKusp

Reaction score
After you replace that valve which I am pretty sure you will have to drop the tank to do, you can cut the vent hose shorter inside the tank, it will allow you to fill faster and more completely before all the foaming gets to the pump nozzle and shuts it off. All you need is a pvc cutter and you cut that vent tube closer to the roof of the tank. It will help a bunch.

zilla68

Reaction score
After you replace that valve which I am pretty sure you will have to drop the tank to do, you can cut the vent hose shorter inside the tank, it will allow you to fill faster and more completely before all the foaming gets to the pump nozzle and shuts it off. All you need is a pvc cutter and you cut that vent tube closer to the roof of the tank. It will help a bunch.

isn't that on a superduty isn't it? my obs doesn't have that piece inside to start with.

Latest posts

Members online