Another HPOP problem

Baker42

Reaction score
I live in New Mexico and was up in the mountains for spring turkey season.
Anyhow driving home from camp down a mogul mountain road my check engine light came on and my ICP skyrocketed. It went from 3200 P.S.I. at wot to 3600 and still climbing when I took my foot out of it. I was able to limp it back to town.
The truck used to idle at 500 P.S.I. and now it is 900.I can not stand the IPR these trucks rely on to function properly.I will pull IPR tomorrow and swap it out at the local ford dealership as it is still under warrenty(less than one year and this thing seems to be the culprit again).
If anyone has had a high ICP related to anything other than IPR I would be gratefull for some advice,also the truck never had a check engine light before.
I will be installing a HPOP reservoir adapter with filter from dieselsite for added insurance as well.

Baker42

Reaction score
Well thank you PSA you did not disappoint by the way what color or what tires are you running. &^%(S :shocked:

907DAVE

Reaction score
Soo...

Did you change your IPR?

What were the results?

Did you scan to see what the code was?

Did you preform any type of diagnostic work?

Sorry, but the way your post reads it seems as if you have already nailed down your issue. I would venture to say the IPR is almost always the cause of uncontrollable ICP, not always, but damn near.

And both trucks are red, both running Cooper brand.

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
:popcorn:

i would at least pull the icp out of the rail and clean it out.......

golfer

Reaction score
ICP sensor wouldn't/couldn't cause that...

The IPR MIGHT cause it..but I've also seen VERY VERY low fuel pressure cause the PCM to COMMAND very high ICP pressure...

if you can check/verify that the PCM is commanding a lot of ICP (high IPR%)..then it's not the IPR...and is probably bad fuel/or a fuel pressure issue

fyi

Baker42

Reaction score
I started the truck to drive it to the garrage around the house and there was no check engine light and my ICP was normal. Its the strangest thing. I did however pull the IPR anyway and replace it,but this schocked me.by the way that was pretty funny about your cooper tires

Last edited:

SevenThree

Reaction score
I started the truck to drive it to the garrage around the house and there was no check engine light and my ICP was normal. Its the strangest thing. I did however pull the IPR anyway and replace it,but this schocked me.by the way that was pretty funny about your cooper tires

It's not that odd, my truck toasted two IPRs and never threw a code. It would run fine at times and then not at all. Both times I replaced them and the problem was resolved.
Never had first hand issues with the ICP.

Latest posts

Members online