Another No start, some advice needed

Diesel23

Reaction score
hey guys , I purchased ,actually traded a car for a 99 CCLB dually , I should have seen it coming when I got there and engine was warm already , but everything checked out so I thought nothing of it ,
always wanted a dually well now I have one , with problems ,
drove truck home over an hour ran fine , would shut off ,and start np

next morning very hard start ,lots of white smoke ,so plugged in that night only about30-40 degrees out , still hard to start no start , at this point did GPR test and it checked out , just pulled heads and checked ohms on GP's ,thinking I would replace anyway , well 1 out of 8 I was able to read , so replaced GP 's , also replaced fuel filter ,
no start still lots of white smoke , ( okay while working on truck I wanted to verify pcm code, I pulled plug checked code , then went to plug it back in and got a spark !! I KNOW UNPLUG BATTERIES :cursing:!! ) , im certain we started it that night and it started ,but hard start like usual with plugged in , next morning no start lots of smoke ,later got truck to start after a while but sounds like its on half the cylinders or super rough idling , at this point thought injectors

I ordered AE and finally got around to checking dtcs tonight , WTS light does not stay on , I pulled dtcs heres what I have for codes , did I fry the pcm ?
but not sure how I got it to start later that night if it was pcm ?
any input would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20150126_172729.jpg
    20150126_172729.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20150126_172343.jpg
    20150126_172343.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 33

bruce

Reaction score
I'd check injector O-rings. Even if one isn't a blown a fresh set can really help them seal up.

Layson

Reaction score
Might want to pull the valve covers off and have someone start it and watch the injectors...

Go through and check all the valve cover harnesses as well.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Check the resistance to the injectors thru the engine harness connector above the left valve cover.
If the wts is coming on have you checked to see if the gpr is energizing? Does it have a 12v start signal and if it does do you have actual current going thru it, not just 12v.

Latest posts

Members online