Another T4 thread

TARM

Reaction score
Yes mine have oil and fuel side mods. They run about 30cc more at 2ms PW than your average ones. Also at the upper rpms you can hit certain harmonics where the fuel side does not refill properly. If was partly for that reason that I had them made with such high fuel capacity.

TARM

Reaction score
But even then having PW of 3.7 IMO is huge down low on a DD if ICP is high. With low ICP all bets are off as there are too many variables without seeing the map etc.

The Brad

Reaction score
I don't see where anyone advocated calling for 3.7ms at low rpm. Countrycar's run showed it at 2900rpm and held it through the shift. I'm sure there's quite a bit of lag in the readings too.

TARM

Reaction score
My point was that for 3.7 PW it almost has to be lower rpms for the mechanical window. But if it was a lower ICP that would explain it. That was just me trying to workout what was going in with the tune.

But again back to my original point which is what a 38R can clean up. There is no way a 38R is cleaning up almost 300 cc of fuel which is about where it would be at a high ICP of 2800-3000 psi.

You can look back to old posted flow charts from Nate for 200% hybrids here. These are just his average hybrids flow rates with no "super secrete squirrel" mods.

400x200_Unlimited_Diesel1.JPG

Even if his injectors are slower that even this which if so its likely not by too much in what world is a 38R going to clean up between 346-385 cc of fuel that is with a spread of 2500-3000icp?

That is if his injectors have over 300cc of capacity. If not then the tune is bottoming out the plunger running them way past empty which is not good for the injectors regardless.

My point is no matter what 3.7ms of PW with a 200% nozzle and a 38R is too much fuel unless we are talking much lower ICP but even @ 1000 icp 3.7 ms would be dumping 230cc which is almost emptying a standard 238cc hybrid.

IMO you should never see 3.7ms of PW in any driving tune on a decent flowing 200% hybrids. Down low it would beatup the bottom end and up top there is not the mechanical window to use it.

I need to find the chart I had made up that shows the mechanical window in PW MS time in relation to the engine RPM. I think it was posted on one of the two forums at some time if someone has it. I know Jason Nate Charles and others know it as its been discussed many times in years past.

But looking at this chart please explain where in a tune with a 200% or larger nozzle would you use a PW of 3.7ms?

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
We really need a that chart as anyone that is doing their own tuning or looking at what a tuner has done for them can have a real idea of whats going on at least at a basic level.

TARM

Reaction score
The mech PW window is the reason you see the injector guys and top HP 7.3 shops speaking about fuel cc in a 2ms PW as anything much longer than that puts it too far down in the RPMs to be of use as it add too much Tq to the equation. WE already can make enough tq to split any block so thats not the issue. Its needing the fuel up top so we can keep a reason tq level and just extend it up the RPM band thus making more HP. In a perfect world 1100lb would be a max but diesel just can not fuel into the rpms gassers. this if you could hold 1100ftlb to 5250rpm then HP would be equal to it.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
So if we want to really hit say 1000 hp fuel only we an inejctor nozzle setup that can move least 400cc in 2ms.

TyCorr

Reaction score
From what I had read it seemed most who ran 600% nozzles lost performance over a 400% nozzle.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59072

The whole support role of other components may need be reevaluated. Id like to see someone like Zach Pierce run them as he was putting down 4 digits on fuel in a ccsb 7.3 with 400/400s. That guy with a 750cc injector with 600% nozzles could be interesting.

Z_racing14

Reaction score
The whole support role of other components may need be reevaluated. Id like to see someone like Zach Pierce run them as he was putting down 4 digits on fuel in a ccsb 7.3 with 400/400s. That guy with a 750cc injector with 600% nozzles could be interesting.

Does he still have his? For a while it sounded like he was going to be the next savior for 7.3 performance. I haven't heard much about his truck lately.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Zack pierce doesn't get on much anymore due to him spending much of his time focusing on his shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
One of the pulling trucks went mechanical and he was selling off the common rail gear a while ago. I think he said he went mechanical as his block was a full fill so there was no way to feed the common rail setup the correct information for thermal compensation? I would have to go digging. Other than that they could probably build a kit for some good $$$$. I inquired and talked to swamps about a common rail IDM to use a 7.3 pcm to fire a 6.7 and they said they could sell just an IDM. However I'm not yet going down that road as there are many issues to hammer out like how to get the pcm to control the PCV and VCV. I think I am holding off anyways to see what Ford does in the future for the 6.7 as it looks like the industry is trying to move past piezo and on to advanced solenoid technology like the new dirtymax is getting.

Last was heard about the common rail setup I think. Not sure if it sold 20K is likely a lot cheaper than it originally costs.
Post #364 http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32772&page=37

Last edited:

hucorey

Reaction score
Zack didn't quite get to 1000hp fuel only, but very close to say the least. Potential is definitely there. Last I heard from Scott M is that his truck is down, but will be ready for the next season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Zack pierce doesn't get on much anymore due to him spending much of his time focusing on his shop

Yea. I wanted to ask your brrrrrr, errr, him how its going? Always a super helpful dude.

Where did that thing ever land on fuel and spray?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Zack didn't quite get to 1000hp fuel only, but very close to say the least. Potential is definitely there. Last I heard from Scott M is that his truck is down, but will be ready for the next season.

The guy up a few posts is his brother. That red truck with the 350/200s and 75 is another one of their Frankenstein trucks.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Yeah me and zack pierce my brother spent a lot of time and research to build our two trucks. One was a street build the other was a full race build. I believe according to track times it hit 1000 on fuel but right now the motor is out and getting more upgrades and most likely will be going in another truck so stay tuned

hucorey

Reaction score
Sweet...

I'm up between adding 5000 more square feet to the shop, or....racetruck. lol